A seven-year-old girl died a horrific death when the apartment building she was in caught on fire and she had no way of escaping.
According to Morocco World News, the incident happened in a town in Khémisset Province, Morocco, when the girl, Hiba, was playing next to the window. At this time, a phone charger inside the room exploded causing the room to catch on fire.
Assuming the girl had no other way out, Hiba tried to escape the fire through a fence placed on the window of her house, but she got stuck as the fire began spreading further.
A video of the incident was posted online where a crowd of people gathered around a building with one of the units bursting with flames. Screams and wails are heard all around as the girl’s legs can be seen dangling out of the window fence while being engulfed in flames.
Neighbours could only watch helplessly while waiting for civil protection to arrive. However, a local resident said that they had been calling the firefighters for 23 minutes without receiving any response.
“People went to their center, and some of the members of civil protection said that they still had to put on their suits in order to rescue the girl,” another citizen said.
“They hung up the phone. There is proof, go check the call centre there. We did our best.”
He said that local residents even drove to the civil protection centre and found the firefighters playing cards.
Several people attempted to break down the door of the building, but they were unsuccessful, and by the time civil protection arrived, the girl had already caught on fire.
Once the fire was put out, Hiba was taken to Tifelt Hospital, where she died shortly after from serious injuries sustained from the fire.
Citizens who witnessed the tragic event condemned the firefighting services for not taking the incident seriously and blamed civil protection for the death of Hiba.
Here’s the video:
✅ أبناء الحومة يرفضون إخراج جثة الطفلة هبة التي التهمتها النيران أمام الملأ في النافذة قبل قليل، بسبب اتصالات عديدة للوقاية المدينة وتأخر عناصرها ومجيئهم بسيارة الإسعاف قبل شاحنة خراطيم المياه وعدم القدرة على الدخول لإنقاذ الطفلة، والإكتفاء برش الماء من الخارج….انا لله وانا اليه راجعون 😓😓 ✅ هل فعلا لو كانت هذه الواقعة في بلاد الكفار سيكون نفس التعامل مع الحادثة شيئ مؤسف 😓😓
Posted by أخبار آسفي on Sunday, August 4, 2019
RIP Hiba 🙁
JUST IN: Swimming Pools Are Now Allowed To Be Open For Water Sports Training
Minister of Defence, Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri bin Yaakob has just announced in a live broadcast that swimming pools will...
JUST IN: Resorts World Genting Confirms That They Will Be Reopening Starting 19th June!
Guys, this is not a drill. Genting Highlands will officially be reopening by this weekend to the public after an extended closure due...
JUST IN: Setapak Barber Confirmed Positive For Covid-19, 40 Close Contact Cases Identified
In an update from the case of a barber in Setapak allegedly testing positive for Covid-19, our Health Director-General Dr...
JUST IN: Barber in Setapak Suspected To Be Positive For Covid-19 Only After 2 Days of Opening Barbershop
UPDATE: Health Director-General Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah has come forward to mention that the barber’s diagnosis has not been officially...
BREAKING: SPM & STPM Students Will Return To School By 24th June
In his latest live telecast to the Malaysian public, Education Minister Dr. Mohd Radzi bin Md Jidin has announced that...
Tired Of Comparing Prices On Different Websites? This ONE App Helps You Do That, Gives You Cashback & MORE
Nowadays, more and more Malaysians would prefer to do their shopping online rather than in physical stores. This is because...
Stronger, Faster & Smarter: Here’s Why M’sians Can’t Wait to Get the HUAWEI P40 Pro+ Dropping This Friday!
In case you didn’t know, we’re just a couple of days away from the launch of the HUAWEI P40 Pro+...
The New Normal Reveals 6 Things M’sians Do That Unknowingly Help Spread Germs & Bacteria Faster
Life has been a lot more different since the Movement Control Order (MCO) was implemented on 18 March 2020, almost...
- Social Stories15 hours ago
Malaysia’s First Ever Drive-In Cinema Will Be Opening Soon!
- People17 hours ago
21-Year-Old Malaysian Makes Over RM100,000 By Selling Used Furniture!
- Social Stories11 hours ago
Lee Chong Wei Writes Heartfelt Post After Lin Dan Announces Retirement
- Social Stories12 hours ago
Man Suffers Through 4 HOUR Erection Because Of Covid-19