A petition calling for the resignation of Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, or his real name Mahiaddin bin Mohd. Yassin as Prime Minister has caught Malaysians’ attention yesterday as it garnered more than 30,000 signatures within 24 hours.
As of the time of writing, the Change.org petition titled ‘Petisyen mendesak YAB Tan Sri Mahiaddin letak jawatan Perdana Menteri’ or ‘Petition urging for YAB Tan Sri Mahiaddin to resign as Prime Minister’ has garnered a total of 30,696 signatures.
However, despite the over 30,000 signatures making the petition one of the top signed on Change.org, it is still far off from its target of garnering a total of 1 million signatures.
Written in Bahasa Malaysia, the creator of the Change.org petition said that it was made due to the current situation faced by the Malaysian rakyat and as an initiative to force Mahiaddin Yassin to take responsibility for the alleged failures of his administration and resign from his position as Prime Minister.
Furthermore, the petition also claimed that Mahiaddin is no longer capable to lead the Perikatan Nasional (PN) government due to an alleged ‘10 factual reasons’ as per below:
- The Prime Minister has completely failed to adhere to the request of His Majesty Yang di-Pertuan Agong to reopen Parliament and debate on the various Emergency Ordinances and the National Recovery Plan.
- Mahiaddin has failed to synchronise the actions and decisions of his Cabinet Ministers to be more uniformed and not make any contradicting decisions that negatively affect the other.
- Mahiaddin has proven to propagate ‘false news’ by stating that Malaysians will be allowed cross-state travel to those that are fully vaccinated.
- The Prime Minister has failed to study and execute a systematic and ‘whole-of-society’ aid to the rakyat, especially for the M40 and T20 categories which has been neglected throughout the Movement Control Order (MCO) and total lockdown.
- Mahiaddin has no capabilities to ensure the nation’s economy to be in the right track after many foreign investors prefer to invest in our neighbouring countries instead.
- Mahiaddin has made Malaysia the laughing stock of the world after our country has been made the ‘joke’ of foreign countries.
- Mahiaddin has wasted public funds by appointing a bloated Cabinet with many ministers not contributing at all towards the benefit of the nation.
- Up to this day, the legitimacy of Mahiaddin as Prime Ministers has yet to be proven in Parliament due to his actions of suspending the Legislative body without any valid reason.
- Mahiaddin has seriously ‘injured’ the Federal Constitution after backdating the revocation of 6 Emergency Ordinances in Parliament and not being transparent about the matter in the Dewan Rakyat.
- The Mahiaddin administration has sold many national assets and made many domestic loans as early as January until May this year worth approximately RM130.03 billion without any valid reasons for both. Furthermore, there is a lack of transparency with questions raised as to where these funds have been spent as it was never approved or debated in Parliament.
What do you guys think of the petition and its claim regarding the alleged failures of the Prime Minister’s administration? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!
Kedah MB Blames Water Shortage in Sik on Locals For Watering Their Durian Trees at Night
Who would have known it was all the durian’s fault. Climate change has been a never-ending issue and it seems...
Thailand is The 1st Asian Country To Legalise Marijuana For Medical & Limited Recreational Use
This is such a monumental move! On 25 January, ABC News reported that Thailand is the 1st country in Asia...
Another Turtle Found Dead On Terengganu Beach, Making It The 12th This Month Alone
Yet another turtle was found dead in Terengganu last night, making it the 12th poor turtle to perish this month...
“The minister has no heart for us” – Rina Harun Slammed by OKU Groups Over Issues With JKMPay
A disability rights group has recently labelled Women, Family & Community Development Minister Datuk Seri Rina Harun as “heartless” following...
“He’s an expert” – Politician Defends Logging Remarks Made By Kelantan Forestry Department
Just recently, Kelantan Forestry Department claimed that logging is actually good for tiger population, following reports of sightings of a...
Student From Technical Institute in Melaka Punched For Having Crush on The Same Girl as His Bully
There are some moments in school which we will forever be fond of. But sometimes school can also be the...
PM Says Financial Aid For Flood Victims Is Delayed Due To Doubts In Verification Process
The government has allocated financial aid following the devastating disaster that hit parts of the country last month. However, some...
Putrajaya: Illegal Bitcoin Mining Has Led to 400% Increase in Electricity Theft & RM2.3 BILLION in Losses
With the advancement of technology and the increasing use and demand for cryptocurrency and blockchain technology, some people have tried...
Social Stories20 hours ago
M’sians Slam Dato Seri Vida For Calling Anuar Zain ‘Gay’ After Suggestion That She Dates Him
Social Stories24 hours ago
Ustaz Criticised For Telling Women Not To Demand Much Dowry If Menstrual Cycle Irregular
Social Stories5 hours ago
WATCH: M’sian Road Bully Backs Off After Being Told His Antics Were Recorded on Dashcam
Social Stories4 hours ago
Zahid Hamidi’s Daughter Responses To The Viral Video Of Her Father & The Man That Was Yanked Away