fbpx
Connect with us

News

2yo Swallows 20 Button Batteries As She Thought They Were Candy, Almost Dies

Published

on

By

2Yo Swallows 20 Button Batteries As She Thought They Were Candy, Almost Dies - World Of Buzz
Source: This Is Money & Puzzle Warehouse

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Children are very susceptible to danger. Sometimes you can’t even leave them in the room alone for one moment as they might hit themselves somewhere or put things that are not meant to be eaten into their mouths.

This 2-year-old toddler in Queensland mistakenly put 20 button batteries into her mouth and swallowed them all as she thought that they were candy, reported Daily Mail.

On 14th December, Hope Summers, the young mother went into her bedroom and found her 2-year-old toddler on the bed with an empty battery packaging. When the toddler noticed that her mother had entered the room, she pointed to the packaging and then to her mouth while saying “yummy”. This caused her mother’s heart to sink and she immediately called the ambulance.

However, when the emergency services arrived at their house, the toddler was very happy and active which caused them to be a little apprehensive. Nevertheless, the mother-daughter pair was rushed to the hospital and there, the toddler started screaming like a banshee and writhing on the floor in agony.

They were then flown to Brisbane Children’s Hospital where she went in for emergency endoscopic surgery. The doctors managed to get some of the batteries out but the rest will be ejected out by the toddler through bowel movement.

The girl was then released from the hospital the next day with burns in her stomach. The small batteries would have caused worse burns if the mother had not acted fast enough.

The Clinical Director of that hospital said that button batteries are silent killers and when you ingest one and it gets stuck in the oesophagus, it will start burning straight away. If not treated right away, it might even cause death. So for families with small children, it is advisable to childproof things that have button batteries in them.

It must have been very scary for the mother to have experienced something like that. With the holiday season coming in, we hope that parents will take extra care of their children in case something unfortunate happens. 

 

Also read: Baby Dies Choking on Banana As Her Mum Didn’t Know She Was Too Young for Solid Food

Baby Dies After Choking On Banana As Her Mother Didn't Know She Couldn't Eat Solid Food - World Of Buzz


Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Kj Ft Kj Ft
News4 hours ago

Walk-in Vaccinations For 40yo & Above Available in Klang Valley Starting 2 August

As for the second dose of your vaccine, please stick to your second dose appointment.  According to the Minister of...

Scientist Found Real Life Spongebob And Patrick In The Atlantic Ocean Scientist Found Real Life Spongebob And Patrick In The Atlantic Ocean
News1 day ago

Marine Scientist Discovers Real Life SpongeBob SquarePants And Patrick Star Deep In The Atlantic Ocean

A majority of us can almost immediately answer this question, “Are you ready, kids?”, loudly as we probably would have grown...

Saudi Arabia Donates Vaccine And Medical Stuff To Malaysia Saudi Arabia Donates Vaccine And Medical Stuff To Malaysia
News1 day ago

Saudi Arabia Contributes Over 1 Million Doses Of AstraZeneca & Medical Supplies Worth About RM21 Million To M’sia

Senior Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein shared on his official Facebook page today (30 July) that Saudi Arabia has donated...

My Post 2021 07 30T170530.366 My Post 2021 07 30T170530.366
News1 day ago

Local Activist Released After Arrested Without Warrant In Connection With The #Lawan Movement

20-year-old activist, Sarah Irdina, was arrested under Section 4(1) Sedition Act and the Communication and Multimedia Deed, following a tweet...

My Post 2021 07 30T142321.567 My Post 2021 07 30T142321.567
News1 day ago

Report: Unemployed Fresh Graduates In Malaysia Increased By 22.5% In 2020

The Covid-19 outbreak has turned almost every aspect of our lives, country and economy into pandemonium. The implementation of various...

My Post 2021 07 30T095247.145 My Post 2021 07 30T095247.145
News2 days ago

LRT 3 Construction Iron Scaffolding Collapses In Klang, Kills A Worker & Injures Four Others

A Bangladeshi construction worker was killed after the scaffolding at the Bandar Bukit Tinggi, Klang, Light Rail Transit 3 (LRT...

Badminton Ft Badminton Ft
News2 days ago

China’s Chen Long Defeats Lee Zii Jia In Nail-Biting Match To Advance To Quarter-finals

We’re still proud of you no matter what, Zii Jia!  Malaysian badminton player, Lee Zii Jia faces defeat after losing...

Live Now Lee Zii Jia Vs Chen Long Live Now Lee Zii Jia Vs Chen Long
News2 days ago

LIVE NOW: Lee Zii Jia vs. Chen Long Tokyo 2020 Olympics

Lee Zii Jia is playing against defending champion Chen Long in the Tokyo 2020 Olympics round of 16 to secure...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY