A two-month-old baby from Jakarta, Indonesia died after her mother fed her two teaspoons of banana.
According to KidSpot, the 27-year-old mother did not know that babies younger than four to six months old cannot eat solid food and unknowingly fed her twin girls two teaspoons of banana each.
The following morning, she discovered that the older twin had died and immediately took the newborn girl to a clinic with her husband. The clinic called the police, who took the woman in for questioning.
Police determined that there weren’t any signs of foul play in the baby’s death, and during the autopsy, a banana slice was reportedly found in the baby’s respiratory tract.
The woman told the police that she didn’t know solid foods could not be given to babies younger than four to six months old as their digestive system is still underdeveloped.
“Her twin is alright, but the elder sister choked, maybe it was her fate?” the woman said.
“I only gave them two baby spoons each, it is not like I force fed them the whole banana.”
Police spokesperson, Erick Sitepu said that it was at 8pm that the baby’s mother attempted to give them banana as weaning food using a spoon before she was going to be put to bed.
Although it is a criminal offence in Indonesia when there is a death caused by negligence, the police are currently viewing the baby’s death as “purely accidental”.
Father and Son Killed in Motorcycle Crash Caused by Jungle Fowl’s Sudden Road Crossing
One minute we could be talking and laughing in the car heading to dinner, and the next we could become...
PAS MP Thanks City Council, JKR & PDRM For Helping With His Kids’ Wedding, Slammed by M’sians
In Malaysia, there are plenty of instances of abuse of power which occur all across the nation. One of the...
AirAsia Upholds Title Of World’s Best Budget Airline For 13th Consecutive Year
Even when we were younger, the name AirAsia has always been ingrained in us. On 24 September, has been crowned...
74yo M’sian Loses RM70k to Scammer Who Approached Her at Market Claiming To Be Govt Official
Just recently, Malaysia has been hit with a wave of scam incidents. That being said, many Malaysians have been living...
Australian Man Severely Injured in Fight With M’sians at TREC KL, PDRM Arrests 3 Local Men
If you have drank or partied before, you would know that the line between having just enough to drink to...
Wild Elephants Return To A Residential Area in Kluang, Johor To Forage For Food
Wild animal sightings have become more and more frequent recently. Just 3-4 weeks ago, a tiger was spotted roaming a...
Rural Development Minister: Govt Allocates Over RM1.2 Billion To Improve Road Systems In Rural Areas
Rural Development Minister, Datuk Seri Mahdzir Khalid revealed that the government has allocated over RM1.2 billion to provide a better...
Dubai Is Building A Huge, $5 Billion Moon Hotel That Has Low-Gravity Walking Experience
There will finally be a “moon” on earth. This moon-shaped hotel is a giant replica of the moon and will...
Social Stories7 hours ago
M’sian Who Scored 3.95 CGPA Gets Rejected by Local Universities but Gets Accepted by UK Unis
Social Stories7 hours ago
M’sian Says Guan Eng Was Not a Good Finance Minister as He Did Not Get His Priorities Right
Social Stories8 hours ago
M’sian Teen Cries & Tries To Save What’s Left of Her K-Pop Collection After Her Parents Burnt Them
Social Stories23 hours ago
WATCH: Doggo ‘Asks’ Abang Polis To Help It Get Home