In this ever progressing and modernising world, technology has become a prominent part of our daily lives, especially smartphones. These gadgets are truly convenient, and also give us access to all kinds of entertainment and information, making us not want to put down our phones if possible. However, you might want to think twice about using your phone while charging as it can actually lead to detrimental or even fatal consequences.
A boy passed away from being electrocuted while he was playing games on his charging phone at a restaurant in China, reported the Daily Mail.
The doctors had attempted to revive the boy, who was known as Liu, only for his death to be declared two hours later.
According to the sister of the victim, the 13-year-old boy was eating out with his friend at a fried chicken restaurant. Liu plugged his phone into a power socket using a third-party cable while playing games on it at the same time.
Source: Daily Mail
It was seen in CCTV footage that both Liu and his friend were sitting in the same booth together.
Minutes into the footage, the boy’s body goes rigid and all tensed up as he received an electric shock from his smartphone. He went limp, slumping over in his chair. Witnessing the incident, his friend rushed over to check on Liu’s condition. The unfortunate boy was then taken to the hospital by his friend and the surrounding bystanders.
Source: Daily Mail
The doctor who examined Liu stated that the boy had died of an electric shock, stated Liu’s sister. She also added that there were burn marks on the boy’s face and body.
Grieving over the death of her younger brother, the sister then blamed the restaurant’s socket as the cause of Liu’s death as she suspected it was faulty, and called for an investigation.
Source: Daily Mail
It was said that the cable and charger actually worked fine after the incident despite it not being the original set that came with the device.
She further explained that her younger brother’s phone is still fully functional and no damage was found even after the electrocution incident.
According to reports, the faulty socket has now been taped up by the restaurant’s owner, after the restaurant was closed down for two days by the authorities.
This is not the first time as cases like this have happened a lot of times before. Do remember not to use your phones while it’s charging, okay? Safety comes first.
MOH: Malaysia Expects to Get Covid-19 Vaccine In The First Quarter of 2021
Let’s hope that this will be the beginning of the end for Covid-19! In a joint press statement between the...
MR DIY Sends Medical Equipment Worth RM480,000 to Sabah
The largest home appliance retailer in Malaysia, MR DIY has sent 9,000 sets of personal protective equipment (PPE) and 20,000...
Dr Noor Hisham: Please Learn From Sabah Elections & Not Repeat It
Truth be told, there has been a lot of negativity surrounding the country of late, with non-stop politicking from certain...
Annuar Musa Explains Why Cabinet’s State of Emergency Decision Is Justified
With talks of the Malaysian government pushing for calling for a state of emergency amidst the rising Covid-19 infection numbers...
Indonesian Police Mistakenly Beat Up Undercover Cop During Omnibus Law Protest
There’s an impostor undercover cop amongst us.. Tensions are high in Indonesia as protestors continue to flood the street to...
News20 hours ago
MEF: Unreasonable To Give Full Salaries And Allowances To Employees Working From Home
News21 hours ago
Girl Brings 23 Relatives On Blind Date, Bill Amounts Up To RM12k
Social Stories16 hours ago
Wedding Photos Of 71yo Indonesian ‘Abah’ With His 18yo Wife Go Viral
People19 hours ago
This 12yo Is The ONLY M’sian Finalist In An International Piano Competition & She Needs Your Help To Win!