Smartphones nowadays are equipped with many advanced features that would make our lives more interesting. One of this said feature recently is exploding.
After Samsung’s fiasco with its Note 7, other brands are slowly catching up on the explosive race.
The latest brand to join the club is Xiaomi, the world’s 4th largest smartphone maker.
Last Saturday, a Xiaomi Mi4 smartphone reportedly exploded while lying idly on the table.
According to smartphone owner Mr. Hu, who also owns a medical equipment shop, the exploded device is usually used by Ms. Lau who works for him.
At approximately 3 pm, Mr. Hu first noticed some smoke coming out from the device, and it quickly became more apparent when more smoke came puffing out. Worried that the device might explode, he quickly asked his 3 workers to evacuate the shop to avoid any casualties. True enough, the smartphone exploded after 3 minutes.
An inspection after the explosion revealed that the battery had expanded three times its initial size. The smartphone body was burned badly in the incident.
Source: Sin Chew
Responding to the incident, Mr. Hu said the smartphone was not being charged at that time nor has it been submerged into water before. The remains of the smartphone has been bagged and sent to the headquarters in Beijing for further inspection. This is the fourth Xiaomi smartphone that has exploded according to Sin Chew.
I guess even Xiaomi isn’t safe from this exploding trend. Whoever owns one, better keep an eye on that phone of yours!
JUST IN: SUKE Flyover Collapses At Desa Tun Razak, Casualties Still Unknown
The Desa Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur flyover has collapsed once again in the midst of construction at around 6pm today...
What Heatwave? Hailstorm Sighted in Klang Valley & Perak Amidst Heavy Rain
Malaysians have been experiencing really hot weather in recent weeks with little to no rain in sight. In fact, the...
“Most MPs are at-risk individuals” Law Minister Says No Need For Parliament To Convene
On 24 February 2021, the Agong released a statement via the Istana Negara stating that the Parliament can convene during...
Vietnamese Delivery Man Heroically Saves 3yo Toddler Who Fell From 12th Floor of Condominium
Disclaimer: The content in this article may be distressing for some so we have linked the video instead of showing...
Man Allegedly Harassed Women By Filming Their Butts At Local Supermarket in Kedah
A man was arrested for recording a video of a woman’s butt using his mobile phone at a supermarket in...
Social Stories10 hours ago
Watch: Fight Breaks Out At SS15 Restaurant After Customers Find Fly In Food & Slap Employee
Social Stories9 hours ago
“We were like her own kids!” M’sian Meets His Babysitter After 32 Years In Heartwarming Reunion
Social Stories10 hours ago
Influencer Accidentally Falls Asleep On Live Stream & Makes More Money Than Her Previous Videos
News10 hours ago
“I will create chaos at all police stations” ‘Datuk Seri’ Arrested For Extortion & Threatens Police