The 12 members of the Thai soccer team, the Wild Boars, and their coach who were trapped in Thailand’s Tham Luang cave system certainly made headlines all over the world and on Tuesday (July 10), the whole team was finally rescued. Of course, this wouldn’t be possible without help and coordination from rescuers who offered their aid in the whole operation and it was a relief when all 12 boys and their coach finally made it out of the treacherous cave. Phew!
Many artists have since been paying tribute to these heroic rescuers who gave their all to help these trapped boys as well as to the Navy SEAL who tragically passed away during the rescue operations. However, one artwork in particular has been going viral as it captured the attention of tens of thousands of people.
Drawn by two Thai sisters Aruni Aunhawarakorn and Jantima Manasviyoungkul, who are the artists behind Sisidea, their cartoon is super cute and uses animals to represent the boys and the incredible team of international helpers. Originally, the explanations for each cartoon character was in Thai but ever since the rescue operation was completed, an English translation has been provided along with an updated version of the cartoon to include all the heroes involved.
The sisters told Business Insider, “This picture is to show appreciation of the Thai people to the collaborations from many people around the world. These 13 footballers are represented as the little wild boars. Tons of kindness has been flowing from many countries and specialist teams, so we are including all of them on the animation.”
Here’s what each cartoon character represents:
- White Elephant: former Chiang Rai governor Narongsak Osotanakorn who led the rescue mission
- Wild Boars: The 12 small ones are the children and the bigger one at the back is the coach
- White horse: All the heroes involved in the mission
- White horse with red cross: Medical personnel
- Angel Seal: Deceased Thai Navy SEAL Saman Gunan, a national hero
- Seals: Thai Navy SEALs
- Frogs: All the world-class divers who have been helping
- Duck: Geographer team
- Lion (Blue): Rescuers from England
- Lion (Black-Yellow-Red): Rescuers from Belgium
- Lion (Red-White-Blue): Rescuers from the Netherlands
- Kangaroo: Rescuers from Australia
- Panda: Rescuers from China
- Crane: Rescuers from Japan
- Moose: Rescuers from Sweden
- Tiger: Rescuers from Myanmar
- Brown Elephant: Rescuers from Laos
- Eagle: Rescuers from USA
- Bear: Rescuers from Finland
- Rooster: Rescuers from France
- Hawk: Rescuers from the Philippines, Germany, Czech Republic
- Beaver: Rescuers from Canada
- Swan: Rescuers from Denmark
- Cobra: Rescuers from Israel
- Iron Man: Elon Musk, who sent a mini submarine
- Dog: K9 unit (cute!)
- Martin: Climbers from Libong, Thailand
- Dragon: Water pumping team and drilling team
- Pig: Thai rice farmers
- Birds: Media
- Crow among the birds: People criticising the mission
Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said now that the rescue mission is completed, the Tham Luan Nang Non cave would be closed for some time so that it will not endanger other unsuspecting visitors. The boys are currently receiving treatment in hospital but they are mostly healthy and smiling, now that the ordeal is over.
Kudos to the entire rescue mission and their tireless efforts to save those innocent, stranded boys! You guys were awesome!
M’sian Govt Spends RM48 Million On 16 High-Powered Drones To Increase Security At Border Areas
The Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) will be receiving 16 high-powered drones that have been approved by the government under the...
“Remember the oath we made” Health DG Urges Contract Doctors Not To Go On Strike
Health Director-General Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah has urged junior contract doctors not to join the #HartalDoktorKontrak (Contract Doctors’...
Opposition MPs File Police Report Against PN Ministers For Failing To Handle Covid-19
Seven Members of Parliament (MP) and two activists today filed a police report against Perikatan Nasional (PN) Federal Government Ministers...
JUST IN: Malaysia Records 17,045 New Cases, Exceeds Over 1 MILLION Total Infections
The total Covid-19 cases in Malaysia has exceeded 1 million, with 17,045 new cases recorded today (25 July 2021), another...
SG Man Tried Smuggling 4 Kittens From Malaysia By Hiding Them In His Pants
A mother and her son have recently been sentenced to jail in Singapore for smuggling cats into the country. On...
“Alhamdulillah, negative”, Annuar Musa And Nik Abduh Deny Being Infected With Covid-19
Federal Territories Minister Tan Sri Annuar Musa, Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives Datuk Mohd Rashid Hasnon and Bachok...
[UPDATED] UMNO President Zahid Hamidi Tested Positive For Covid-19 After Parliament Screening
A total of 35 individuals among MPs and their officials have tested positive for Covid-19. This sudden development is a...
EPF Expedites i-Citra, Members To Receive First Payment Starting 2 August 2021
The Employees Provident Fund (EPF) has recently announced that i-Citra payments will be expedited. Eligible members that have had their...
Social Stories24 hours ago
Malaysian Athlete Welson Sim is Trending in China As They Gush Over His Good Looks
Social Stories18 hours ago
“Look who’s ahead?” Israeli Activist Mocks M’sia After Winning Their First Tokyo Olympics Medal
Social Stories18 hours ago
Infamous “Nasi Lemak Gangster” Allegedly Threatened A Man With Knife Back In Jan 2021
Social Stories16 hours ago
Watch: M’sian Nurse Shocked to Hear An Eerie Woman’s Voice at the Back of Empty Ambulance