If you’re a pet owner, you don’t need us to tell you how important our pets are in our lives. Unfortunately, topics such as animal cruelty and the welfare of stray animals aren’t often talked about enough despite being prevalent in our nation.
Well, you’ll be glad to know that there’s an event where you can:
- Help raise awareness on issues such as animal cruelty, responsible pet ownership, and rabies awareness.
- Surround yourself with over 700 super adorable doggos as you take part in exciting activities, games and a race.
- Snag FREE samples from various high-profile companies in the pet industry and much more!
Known as Dogathon, the event is run by University Putra Malaysia’s Veterinary Medicine faculty students. As reported by The Star, Dogathon first started in 1997 as a platform to address the issue of stray dogs.
Since then, it has grown to be the largest canine gathering event in Malaysia with over 700 adorable doggos reported at last year’s event!
Just look at all these good bois. ER-MAH-GERD!
And! It’s completely FREE to participate too.
Yes wei! Here’s why you wouldn’t want to miss this pawsome event!
1. Unleash your competitive side by taking part in the dog race
The main highlight of the event is the 1.5km dog race putting you head-to-head with other pet owners and their canine companions. With exciting prizes up for grabs such as dog essentials, you might want to start training your pooch to stop chasing its tail and focus on the finishing line instead :p
2. Help raise stray animal awareness and responsible pet ownershipWhat’s really inspiring about the event is that funds collected will go to Prokasih’s Catch, Neuter, and Rehome programme which helps reduce the stray population in UPM by finding them new, loving homes. That’s amazing!
What to take note of:
- There will be adoption drives by animal shelters. So, you can walk home from the event as a proud dog owner if you aren’t one already!
- Learn the importance of rabies vaccination through insightful talks and sharings.
- Connect with other pet owners and various NGOs to share your love and knowledge of proper pet ownership.
3. Win prizes for your furry friend when you take part in the online photo contest!Leading up to the event, there’ll be online contests with exciting prizes up for grabs. Two categories are available — a Photo Contest and Caption Contest with 3 winners each. To participate is super easy too!
All you have to do is:
- Like @dogathontm on Facebook and screenshot it.
- Like @heartgardyourpet on Facebook and screenshot it.
- Upload your photo and caption entry together with your particulars in the google form here.
- Receive an album link of your entry and share it with your family and friends to get the most number of likes, loves, and smiles.
That’s it! More info and the fabulous prizes up for grabs can be found here.
4. Take part in engaging activities perfect for both you and your poochThere’ll also be loads of exciting games designed for both dogs and visitors too — so you can rest assured you’ll be pawfectly entertained even if you aren’t a dog owner 😉
Here are some to look out for:
- Magic Orb Shooting
- Avoid The Wire
- Bouncing Ping Pong
- Magical World Wall
- Save The Castle
Exciting prizes are also up for grabs, so don’t miss out!
5. Visit booths and snag yourself some FREE samplesThat’s right! Several high-profile companies in the pet industry will also be there to sell their products and services while handing out FREE samples. Sounds like a good way to reward your furry friend if you ask me 😀
Some booths to check out:
- Royal Canin
- Furry Treats
- Malaysia Pitbull Club
- and many others!
Awesome right! Might we also point out how much we absolutely love the play on words for the theme of Dogathon 2020? 😁
Cutely named Hairy Paw-tter and The Magical Kingdom, Dogothon 2020 will be happening on 23rd February 2020 from 6.30am to 12pm at Bukit Ekspo, Universiti Putra Malaysia.
If you need any more convincing, check out this awesome video of last year’s event!
So, make sure you save the date, okay? More info can be found here.
Don’t say we bojio ah 😛
Watch: Malaysian Men Completely Transformed After Doing The Viral ‘HairSome’ Challenge
With the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) still in place, one of the many businesses still not allowed to operate...
Miss Events? Party At The Blockdown Festival Featuring Over 8 Local & Int’l Artists This 30 May!
Any Malaysian music enthusiast would know and understand the pain that comes with not being able to go out to...
This Raya, M’sians Stand a Chance To Win a 1-YEAR Supply Of Groceries Worth Up To RM500k! Here’s How
Each year, we spend quite a ton on groceries and daily essentials without even realising it; more so during the...
- Heartbreaking23 hours ago
Not Just SS15, Businesses In Damansara Uptown, Kuchai Lama & More Are Also Dying Due To Covid-19
- Inspiring21 hours ago
Single Dad Brings 3yo Son Along While He Delivers Food To Earn A Living
- Inspiring24 hours ago
Malaysian Shares How Food Panda Rider ‘Belanja’ His GF & Refused To Get Paid
- Malaysia20 hours ago
BREAKING: Dr Mahathir, Syed Saddiq, & 3 Others Sacked From Bersatu