Connect with us

News

Sarawak Report Editor: “Kevin Morais Leaked Information About 1MDB to Me”

Published

Sarawak Report Editor: &Quot;Kevin Morais Leaked Information About 1Mdb To Me&Quot; - World Of Buzz 1
Source: Malay Mail & The Malaysian Times

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

We’re truly living in a different Malaysia now!

The news portal, Sarawak Report, that was blocked by the Malaysian government since 2015 has finally been unblocked after the new government took over last week. It was blocked for exposing information regarding the infamous 1MDB scandal, but now that it is no longer restricted, more and more truths are being revealed.

Now, the website’s editor, Clare Rewcastle-Brown recently stated that Senior Deputy Public Prosecutor, Kevin Morais, who was murdered three years ago, actually leaked information about the 1MDB scandal that the Attorney-General Chamber had investigated.

In an interview with Malay Mail, she said that reliable sources had told her Morais had given her the information, which allegedly included a charge sheet against former prime minister Najib Razak.

When asked about how she had managed to obtain such highly confidential information, she said, “I was contacted directly by that person (who prepared the charge sheet)..I think it was Kevin Morais.”

“I have enough people who I’m not going to quote, reliable sources who told me it was Kevin Morais,” she added.

Clarerewa2105 E1526896134351

Source: malay mail

A statutory declaration alleging that Morais was responsible for drafting the charge sheets against Najib was issued by Morais’ brother, Charles, and that he had delivered copies of those charge sheets to Sarawak Report.

These papers were sent right after Najib had removed the Attorney-General at the time, Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail, and a few other members of his government in attempts to prevent his purported arrest.

Ym Charles Suresh Morais 20151125 20 E1526896145254

Source: malay mail

Charles told reporters then that he did not believe the explanation of the kidnapping and strangling of his brother. Authorities claimed his murder was related to a separate bribery case for which several men faced trial. It was for this reason Charles had demanded a second post-mortem to be conducted.

Morais was believed to have been kidnapped on September 4 2015, and strangled to death before his body was placed in a drum filled with concrete, which was found at Persiaran Subang Mewah, Subang Jaya two weeks after he was reported missing.

0 Luww5Usev1H P3Me

Source: medium

Rewcastle-Brown mirrored Charles’ doubts about the official explanation for Morais’ murder, saying the narrative that gangsters had killed Morais out of vengeance was disguising something more sinister, and advised Malaysian authorities to investigate the matter more thoroughly.

“My biggest emotion was such sadness and concern..I think we know who has been arrested and who has been tried but I think there should be a deeper (investigation),” she told Malay Mail.

“I think it’s often a very big problem in Malaysia where street gangsters are picked up and charged with crimes without (knowing) their motives.”

Wire 3037184 1526890588

Source: daily mail

Just last week, Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, confirmed that former AG Gani was fired because he was going to charge Najib after authorities discovered there was RM42 million of 1MDB subsidiary, SRC International’s money that was transferred into the former prime minister’s personal account.  

Sarawak Report had also published some of the official investigation papers showing where the money went in a number of reports. All this while, Najib has denied any wrongdoing and has insisted that he is innocent.

Now, the former AG, along with three other ex-officials who were fired under the previous government, are now the official heads of a new task force that aims to probe into the 1MDB scandal.

With all the termination of contracts and alleged deaths surrounding this case, we only hope investigations will soon reveal solid evidence behind the 1MDB scandal.

 

Also read: Ex-Officials Sacked by BN Govt in 2015 Will Head The New 1MDB Task Force

Prime Minister Office Confirms Special Task Force Set Up To Probe 1Mdb Scandal World Of Buzz 4 1 E1526896399762

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Dd Ft 3 Dd Ft 3
News5 hours ago

MARA Chairman Slams Netizens for Belittling Cadet Pilot Programme Prioritising Tahfiz Students

Recently, Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) announced its decision to offer Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Tahfiz students the opportunity...

Collage 17 Collage 17
News4 days ago

“Sg Buloh Prison is overcrowded” – Lawyer Urges Court to Release Trio Who Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery on Bail

Three men accused of assaulting a long-haired man at a bak kut teh shop in Kepong were charged in the...

Collage 2 2 Collage 2 2
News4 days ago

“Shoot them if they evade arrest” – Kedah MB Urges Extreme Measures Against Langkawi Drug Syndicate

Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor has urged police to take firm, and even “extreme”, measures to...

Collage 15 Collage 15
News5 days ago

Jho Low Seeks Presidential Pardon from Donald Trump to Drop His 1MDB Criminal Charges in the US

Fugitive Malaysian businessman Low Taek Jho, better known as Jho Low, has reportedly applied for a presidential pardon from former...

Collage 14 Collage 14
News6 days ago

19yo M’sian Student Charged with Murder of Woman Found with 61 Stab Wounds, Faces Death Penalty

A college student has been charged at the Kota Bharu Magistrate’s Court today with the murder of 19-year-old Nurfisya Zulkifly...

Collage 13 Collage 13
News6 days ago

PDRM: Several Individuals, Believed to be Drunk, Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery for ‘Glaring’ at Them

A man was assaulted by a group of individuals after reportedly looking in their direction while dining at a restaurant...

Collage 11 Collage 11
News1 week ago

PDRM: 11yo Student Who Fell from Melaka School Was Retrieving Peer’s Shoe He Had Thrown on Awning

Police have confirmed that an incident involving a Standard 5 male student, who was injured after falling from a garage...

Collage 9 Collage 9
News2 weeks ago

11yo Falls From Melaka School Building While Retrieving Shoe Allegedly Thrown Onto Awning by a Peer

A Standard Five male student from a primary school in Batu Berendam, Melaka, was injured after falling from the first-floor...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY