Although we’ve entered Phase 3 of the National Recovery Plan and restrictions have been relaxed for fully vaccinated Malaysians, many of us remain vigilant as the number of cases is still pretty high!
While many of us are slowly returning to our normal lives while carefully abiding by the SOPs, there is a huge number of us who refuse to go out despite being fully vaccinated. We speak to a few Malaysians who share 5 reasons why they’re still staying safe at home:
1. They live with children who are unvaccinated and high-risk individuals like senior citizens
“Even though the majority of the population has now been vaccinated, I have young kids at home who have not received the vaccine so it’s dangerous for me to be out and about with or without them.” – Vivian, 35
2. The number of cases are still pretty high
“No one is safe until everyone is safe! I’m still refraining from dining out until the number of cases goes down drastically. Plus, fully vaccinated individuals can still get infected too so it’s better to stay home!” – Anand, 26
3. Going out + wearing a mask and sanitising your hands often = ‘maskne’ & peeling skin
“It’s a hassle to go out nowadays with the double masks and sometimes, face shields too. Plus, we need to constantly sanitise our hands which leads to dry skin. It’s much easier to just stay home” – Mei Yee, 27
4. The virus is invisible so we’d never know if we’re sitting next to someone who may be infected
“I wouldn’t know if I was sitting next to someone who contracted the virus unknowingly. That gives me anxiety so I’d rather stay home and enjoy peace of mind until it’s safer!” – Ian, 24
5. There’s simply no need to leave the house cos we’re too comfortable and everything is already available at our fingertips!
“I don’t see the need to go out as often as I used to since I can do pretty much everything from my phone. Life is much easier!” – David, 29
When the pandemic struck, many businesses had to pivot and adapt to the new norm. Since we had to minimise going out, more and more services were made available to us via our smartphones! This includes things like shopping for groceries, buying things from convenience stores and even buying medication and test kits from local pharmacies!
Not only did this make our lives WAY easier but it also helps all the businesses that are suffering throughout the lockdowns!
Another thing that we’re really grateful for during this pandemic is definitely the existence of food delivery services like Grab, in particular, Grab Signatures!
Why do you ask?
‘Cause with Grab Signatures, we get a variety of curated F&B Signatures brands to cure our hunger pangs via GrabFood AND everyday essentials from the Signatures brands on GrabMart! 🤩🍽️
We’re 100% sure you’ve used Grab at least once during this pandemic, right?
Whether it was to deliver food cos you’re too lazy to cook or to buy your favourite shampoo from Guardian ’cause you ran out, Grab has continuously been our saviour throughout the lockdowns!
With the launch of Grab Signatures, we get access to a huge variety of different F&B outlets and shops from Signatures brands selling our favourite foods and everyday essentials! Plus, you can also enjoy various offers & promotions AND earn 2x GrabRewards Points on each transaction! Wow.
Hungry yet? Here are a few of the Signatures restaurants you can find on GrabFood!
As Malaysians, our primary love language is of course: food. We can travel and try different cuisines from all over the world but at the end of the day, we will always return to Malaysian food as a source of comfort and familiarity. ❤️
So what are some of the awesome Signatures brands you can expect to find on GrabFood? Just to name a few:
- Village Park Restaurant – every Malaysian’s favourite nasi lemak!
- Nam Heong Ipoh – serving Ipoh’s famous chicken rice & other dishes
- MyBurgerLab – home of Malaysia’s famous charcoal burger buns
- GO Noodle House (non-halal) – for when you need a nourishing and comforting bowl of soup noodles
- Secret Recipe – the Malaysian go-to place for cakes and sweet treats!
- Hokkaido Baked Cheese Tart – cos everyone loves a good cheese tart every now and then!
- Ben’s – the famous Malaysian restaurant chain serving local and international favourites!
- Bumbu Cabe – a local Indonesian Sudanese restaurant serving all your favourite sambals along with their yummy mains like chicken & fish!
Wow, we’re drooling already 🤤
It’s so cool that Grab has exclusively handpicked these Signatures brands and made most of them available NATIONWIDE so we can all enjoy them, no matter where we are! 👏🏻
Hungry already, ah? Then go browse all the Signatures brands on GrabFood to satisfy your cravings, okay? 🤭
Or check out this super creative ensemble, Malaysia’s Greatest Makan Hits featuring various Signatures merchants on Grab, watch the video below:
Now, for the everyday essentials with Signatures brands on GrabMart!
Now that you have GrabMart in your life, even better with their Signatures brands, you won’t have to move an inch to get your essentials delivered 😉
The best part is that there are a variety of different categories of Signatures brands available on GrabMart!
Yep, that’s right! From shampoo all the way to fresh vegetables, you can get it ALL in one place:
- Food & Snacks — From your Japanese favs at Don Don Donki to Korean snacks from CU Convenience Store, GrabMart has it all! 🥘
- Groceries — If you’re rushing after work or missing an ingredient from your recipe, purchase it from the supermarkets available on GrabMart such as Jaya Grocer or Hero Market! 🫕
- Health & Personal Care — Stock up on hand sanitisers, face masks and more from your favourite stores like Watsons, Guardian, and more! 🧖🏻♀️
- Cakes & Desserts — Forgot to buy a cake for tonight’s celebration? GrabMart to the rescue with Signatures brands such as Inside Scoop, Lavender Bakery, and more! 🍰
Yasss, not to mention you’ll also enjoy exclusive offers and promotions when purchasing from the Signatures brands on GrabMart!
Woohoo! How amazing is that? Grab has really changed our lives, for the better and we’re so thankful! Not only do we get to choose from an array of delicious food on GrabFood, but we can also order snacks and essential items from GrabMart. Plus, all the promotions available too! Yay! 💸😍
Two Drivers Arrested For ‘Bullying’ Each Other On Jalan Kuching, Myvi Driver Tests Positive For Drugs
Two drivers were seen behaving recklessly on the road in a road bullying incident, posing a potential danger to other...
Otoniel: Biggest Narco Since Pablo Escobar Captured
Dairo Antonio Usuga also known as Otoniel is the leader of the Gulf Clan and Colombia’s most wanted drug trafficker...
No Political Gatherings During Melaka State Elections
As the state of Melaka gears up for the state elections, the Health Ministry has issued a bad on political...
Suhakam: 1,158 Nepali Workers Have Died In Malaysia From 2018 To July 2021
The Malaysian Human Rights Commission (Suhakam) was prompted to investigate a report by the Nepal Embassy that reveals the increasing...
S’pore Eases Quarantine Restrictions For M’sians, Only 10 Days Quarantine At Home
As announced by the Ministry of Health Singapore on Saturday (Oct 23), the republic will be reopening its borders to...
Large Boulder Falls & Hits A Car In Balik Pulau, Fortunately No One Was Hurt
A car driver narrowly escaped death after the car he was driving was hit by a boulder that rolled down...
KJ Wants People To Put Their Face Masks On After Eating
If worn properly, wearing a face mask helps prevent the spread of Covid-19 – we ALL know this. But ever...
“The Tiger is back!” TMJ Fully Recovers After Contracting Covid-19 Two Weeks Ago
The Crown Prince of Johor, Tunku Ismail Sultan Ibrahim or more affectionately known as TMJ yesterday evening shared that he...
People20 hours ago
Wildlife Department Takes Away YouTuber’s Tarantula Collection Without Warrant, Returns It With One Dead
Social Stories20 hours ago
M’sian YouTuber Allegedly Pranks Rider To Deliver Food To Memorial Park, Sends RM5k To Apologise
Social Stories16 hours ago
Watch: Man Teaching His Daughter Badminton Leaves Netizens At Awe
News23 hours ago
S’pore Eases Quarantine Restrictions For M’sians, Only 10 Days Quarantine At Home