Don’t entertain these calls if you get them!
The Transaction Authorisation Code (TAC) is a very powerful preventive measure to protect our money from conmen but sadly, scammers have found a way to use it against us.
Earlier today (26 October), Selangor CCID chief, ACP Harjinder Kaur has urged Malaysians to be aware of this new tactic that involves syndicates asking for consumers’ TAC.
FYI, here’s how the scam works.
- You would receive a TAC through an SMS even though you didn’t perform any online transaction at that time.
- The syndicate would then contact you through a phone call, SMS, or WhatsApp message and tell you that they’ve wrongly registered your phone number on their bank account.
- You would then be requested to give them the TAC you’ve just received minutes ago so that they can rectify the mistake.
- They are likely to come up with different excuses to gain your sympathy. For instance, they need the money to pay for their grandparents’ hospital bill or to cancel their grandparents’ loan.
In the event that you receive such messages or calls, please DO NOT reveal your TAC. Instead, what you should do is immediately change the password for your online banking account and call the bank if your bank balance has suddenly decreased.
This tactic is already being deployed by scammers as a netizen recently took to Facebook to share his experience. You can read about it here.
So guys, spread the word and keep your TAC private and confidential!
Here’s Everything You Need To Know About Tun M’s New Political Party Announcement
Former Prime Minister, Dr Mahathir Bin Mohamad, held a live press conference this evening at 4:30 pm to announce the...
PDRM Implements Crowd Control SOP At Teluk Chempedak After Visitors Cause Congestion
It’s no secret that people flock to the beaches in Kuantan because of the gorgeous views, even more so now...
This Singaporean Home Baker Has a Waiting List of A Year and a Half Thanks To Social Media, Here’s Her Story
All hail the power of social media! An Insta-famous Singaporean baker received an overwhelming order for her brownies and Levain-styled...
JUST IN: Tun M Forms New Party Aimed To Eradicate Bribery And Kleptocracy
In his latest press conference, former Prime Minister, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad announced that he has formed a new party,...
Lim Guan Eng Says Allegations Against Him Are To Tarnish His Image As An Opposition MP
Former Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng has denied receiving bribes in connection with the undersea tunnel project in Penang....
- News18 hours ago
Watch: Luxury Car Suddenly Brakes Causing An Accident But It Seems It Was Done On Purpose
- Current Affairs16 hours ago
Pregnant 70kg Arapaima Dies After Irresponsible People Threw Plastic Garbage Into Her Habitat
- News18 hours ago
Popular Eatery in Kuantan Ordered To Close After Customers Ignored Physical Distancing SOPs
- Current Affairs18 hours ago
Health D-G: “High Possibility” That Sivagangga Cluster Is A Covid-19 Super Spreader