A 30-year old patient had released gas during surgery which allegedly sparked a fire, causing herself to be seriously burnt.
The incident happened in the Shinjuku Ward of the university hospital in Tokyo on April 15 as reported by Straits Times.
The female patient was undergoing an operation which involved applying laser to her cervix, the lower part of the uterus.
While she was having her surgical procedure done, the patient apparently farted. With the laser, this sparked a fire which burnt her waist, hips and legs.
Recent reports have revealed there were no flammable materials present during the surgery.
“When the patient’s intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation (room), it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire,” the report said.
It’s not surprising that farts can ignite flames as our flatulence contain hydrogen sulfide that is combustible.
So next time you’re walking near any fire source, you may want to clench your butt a little tighter.
JUST IN: Swimming Pools Are Now Allowed To Be Open For Water Sports Training
Minister of Defence, Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri bin Yaakob has just announced in a live broadcast that swimming pools will...
JUST IN: Resorts World Genting Confirms That They Will Be Reopening Starting 19th June!
Guys, this is not a drill. Genting Highlands will officially be reopening by this weekend to the public after an extended closure due...
JUST IN: Setapak Barber Confirmed Positive For Covid-19, 40 Close Contact Cases Identified
In an update from the case of a barber in Setapak allegedly testing positive for Covid-19, our Health Director-General Dr...
JUST IN: Barber in Setapak Suspected To Be Positive For Covid-19 Only After 2 Days of Opening Barbershop
UPDATE: Health Director-General Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah has come forward to mention that the barber’s diagnosis has not been officially...
BREAKING: SPM & STPM Students Will Return To School By 24th June
In his latest live telecast to the Malaysian public, Education Minister Dr. Mohd Radzi bin Md Jidin has announced that...
Stronger, Faster & Smarter: Here’s Why M’sians Can’t Wait to Get the HUAWEI P40 Pro+ Dropping This Friday!
In case you didn’t know, we’re just a couple of days away from the launch of the HUAWEI P40 Pro+...
The New Normal Reveals 6 Things M’sians Do That Unknowingly Help Spread Germs & Bacteria Faster
Life has been a lot more different since the Movement Control Order (MCO) was implemented on 18 March 2020, almost...
Here Are 6 Things Every Malaysian Should Know About Car Loans Before Even Picking One Out
So you’re ready to go out there and take on the world but there’s one aspect of adulting you are...
- Current Affairs9 hours ago
Junior Medical Officers Worry For Their Future As They May Not Be Absorbed Into MOH
- Culture8 hours ago
Feeling Stressed? Why Not Visit Huskiss, A Doggo Paradise Located In SS7, Kelana Jaya!
- Fashion9 hours ago
Malaysian Brand ‘Oxwhite’ Secures RM5 Million Investment Last Year, Now Has Huge Plans
- Feature8 hours ago
Meet Jaemy Choong, The Artist Behind The Amazing Artwork At Adidas’ Largest Flagship Store In Malaysia