A 30-year old patient had released gas during surgery which allegedly sparked a fire, causing herself to be seriously burnt.
The incident happened in the Shinjuku Ward of the university hospital in Tokyo on April 15 as reported by Straits Times.
The female patient was undergoing an operation which involved applying laser to her cervix, the lower part of the uterus.
While she was having her surgical procedure done, the patient apparently farted. With the laser, this sparked a fire which burnt her waist, hips and legs.
Recent reports have revealed there were no flammable materials present during the surgery.
“When the patient’s intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation (room), it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire,” the report said.
It’s not surprising that farts can ignite flames as our flatulence contain hydrogen sulfide that is combustible.
So next time you’re walking near any fire source, you may want to clench your butt a little tighter.
“I am healthy” PM Muhyiddin & Dr Noor Hisham Have No Side Effects After Covid-19 Vaccination
Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin and Health Director-General Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah received their first dose of...
MDKS Disappointed With Netizens Still Spreading Fake Photos of Their Signboard Amended in 2015
The Kuala Selangor District Council (MDKS) is disappointed and upset with the actions of netizens who are still spreading false...
Anyone Who Violates MCO SOPs Can Be Fined Up To RM10,000 Starting 11 March
The Movement Control Order is still being implemented in states such as Penang, Kuala Lumpur, Selangor and Johor until 4...
11,000 Year-Old Perak Man Now Has A Face, Netizens Say He Looks Familiar
When we were learning Sejarah in Form One, a name that stood out in the textbooks was the “Perak Man”...
JUST IN: Parents Can Travel Interstate & Interdistrict To Send Their Kids To School
In his press conference today, Defence Minister, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced that parents will no longer need to...
News22 hours ago
1yo Baby Fined RM100 By Condominium Management In Ampang For Not Wearing Mask In Elevator
News22 hours ago
KKM Explains Why PM Muhyiddin’s Vaccination Syringe Had Two Different Colours
Social Stories22 hours ago
Watch: M’sian Man Suprises His Wife & Kids After Being Stuck In SG For A Year
Social Stories3 hours ago
Disabled Man Who Accidentally Killed Hawker In Kampar Riddled With Guilt, Apologises To Her Family