It was a regular day at work for electrical worker Chris Prater from Kentucky in the United States. Earlier this month, he was tasked with cutting a tree as part of his job, and as per routine, applied generous amounts of insect repellent before getting to work.
After he was done, he felt some discomfort in his eye. Thinking it was sawdust, he flushed his eyes with water, but the irritation still persisted.
According to CNN, after the discomfort continued to persist, Chris decided to visit an optometrist to see what was wrong. It was then that the doctor discovered Chris had a tick in his cornea!
“When the doctor finally comes in, he was looking at it. He said, ‘I know what’s in your eye,” Chris told WYMT.
“He said, ‘It’s a tick.’ That’s when I got scared a little bit. I leaned around and looked at him and I asked him if he was joking and he said, ‘No, you have a deer tick or some type of tick.’ It was very little.”
The doctor then proceeded to numb Chris’ eye and removed the tick with a pair of tweezers.
“Once he grabbed ahold of it and pulled it off, the tick made a, like a little popping sound when it came off of my eye,” he continued.
The doctor then prescribed Chris with steroid eye drops and antibiotics before sending him home. Speaking about his experience, the electrical worker advised anyone going outdoors to judiciously apply insect repellent.
“You get a lot of kids hiking, camping, I just urge them to spray. But you can’t spray your eyes!” he joked.
Well, we’re glad Chris came out relatively unscathed by this experience. Remember to take extra care whenever you go outdoors, guys!
MySejahtera Will Be Launching A Family Registration Function After 12 March
Get ready to register your family members without phones for their vaccinations! Starting last month, Malaysians could register to get...
Motorcyclist & Taxi Driver Arrested For Fighting At Damansara Traffic Light
It’s no secret that Malaysians tend to get a little angry on the road, which is why it’s almost normal...
8yo Boy Swallowed Whole By Crocodile, Body Pulled Out Of Reptiles Stomach
In a horrific incident, an 8-year-old boy was swallowed by a crocodile as he swam in a river in Indonesia....
“I don’t deserve to keep my salary” Syed Saddiq To Give Up MP Income While Studying In S’pore
Syed Saddiq will be leaving to Singapore for a month to finish his studies at NUS Lee Kuan Yew School...
Hard Tackle In Futsal Match Causes Massive Brawl, M’sian YouTuber Among 11 Detained
A local YouTuber and 11 others were detained after being involved in a fight at a futsal court in Taman...
Social Stories16 hours ago
M’sian Teacher Breaks Down After Husband Worked 3 Jobs To Surprise Her With A Laptop
News22 hours ago
Parents Leave Two Kids Behind After Being Killed In Accident With Van That Lost Control in Kajang
Social Stories22 hours ago
Asians Slam British Etiquette Expert For Saying Rice Shouldn’t Be Eaten With Hands
Social Stories20 hours ago
“Even to buy food, we have no money” Poor Johor Family Feeds Autistic Son Condensed Milk