fbpx
Connect with us

News

Home of 3 Blind Sisters Burnt Down by Nephew After They Refuse to Lend Him RM50 to Sniff Glue

Published

on

Home of 3 Blind Elderly Sisters Burned Down by Nephew After Refusing to Lend Him RM50 to Sniff Glue - WORLD OF BUZZ
Source: NST

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Why so heartless?

On Monday (3rd June) at about 4pm, NST reported that three blind elderly women lost their 100-year-old ancestral home in Kampung Titi Besi, Kedah, to a fire started by their own nephew.

Halijah Ibrahim, 78; Che Manai, 73, and Zainah, 67, lost about RM10,000 in cash and jewellery, as well as their land grant and Hari Raya clothes when their home burnt down, and are now taking shelter at their handicrafts workshop just next to their home.

Source: NST

Their nephew had allegedly asked one of his aunts to lend him RM50, but she refused to give him the money as she knew he would use it to buy glue for sniffing. 

“He asked me for RM50. When I said that I did not have the money he became enraged and left the house. I rejected his request because I know he will use it to buy glue (for glue-sniffing),” said Che Manai, who had raised her nephew since he was 10 years old.

However, he became angry and decided to set the house on fire. 

“I had ironed my Hari Raya clothes and put it in the cupboard but fate intervened,” Che Manai said.

Source: CNA

Perlis Menteri Besar Datul Seri Azlan Man was informed about this story and paid the three elderly sisters a visit with Guar Sanji assemblyman Mohd Ridzuan Hashim. He said that the state government are working with the Perlis Islamic and Malay Customs Council to build a new home for them.

 - WORLD OF BUZZ

Source: CNA

Source: FMT

Meanwhile, Perlis police chief Datuk Noor Mushar Mohamad said that the suspect had been arrested, and had already confessed to committing the deed.

Oh no! The poor makciks! We hope a new home will be built for them real soon! 

 

Also read: Watch: Fire Destroys Over 100 Shops At Chatuchak Market, Likely Caused By Transformer Blast

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Latest Videos

Announcement



TRENDING TODAY