Six states in Malaysia (Penang, Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya, Labuan, Melaka, Johor and Sabah) will be undergoing Movement Control Order (MCO) starting on 13 January at 12am.
In his press conference today (12 January), Defence Minister, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced the full list of SOPs that have to be obeyed in the area that will be undergoing the MCO.
Here’s what you can and cannot do during the two weeks of MCO that’s set to begin at midnight 13 January and end on 26 January:
- Restaurants (food trucks, stalls etc) will be allowed to operate from 6am to 8pm. Only takeaway or delivery can be done in restaurants.
- Hospitals and clinics will be allowed to operate for 24 hours. Pharmacies can operate from 6am to 8pm.
- Essential stores can operate from 6am to 8pm.
- All petrol stations must operate from 6am to 10pm except for those located along highways which can operate for 24 hours.
- Morning markets and daily markets can operate from 7am to 2pm. Hypermarkets can operate from 12am to 6pm and 11am to 4pm.
- Veterinary clinics and pet food shops can operate from 6am to 8pm.
- Laundromats except self-service laundries are allowed to operate from 6am to 8pm.
- If you need to visit a medical facility, you can only travel within a radius of 10km unless the nearest medical facility is further than that.
- ALL social gatherings are not allowed including wedding, conferences, meetings and all team sports event.
- Only essential economic sectors will be allowed to operate which includes manufacturing, building, service trade and distribution, plantations and commodities.
- Interstate and interdistrict travel will NOT be allowed.
- Only two (2) household representatives are allowed to go out and get supplies of food, medicine, dietary supplements and basic necessities within a radius not exceeding 10 kilometres from their residence or to the place nearest to his residence in case of the supply of necessities is not within a 10-kilometre radius of his residence.
- Any group wishing to aid flood victims need to seek approval from PDRM and the National Disaster Management Centre.
- The government encourages all volunteers to get swab-tested before they go to the affected areas.
- Jogging activities are allowed in groups not exceeding 2 people only in the neighbourhood only. Group cycling activities are NOT allowed but cycling activities alone for not more than 10 km from your place of residence is ALLOWED.
The minister reiterated that SOPs for places under CMCO and RMCO remain the same except for interdistrict travel which is not allowed.
Stay tuned for more updates!
Sabah Siblings Arrested for Fleeing With Father’s Body From Hospital Quarantine Centre
Four siblings were arrested by the police in Kampung Panji, Lahad Datu after they took their deceased father’s body back...
MCO: Sibu Man Fined For Fishing While Family of 3 Fined For Travelling Together
A 39-year-old man was fined RM1,000 after he was found fishing in a ‘ditch’ at Jalan Kemuyang during the Movement...
Kluang Man Smashes Car Windows With Helmet After Hotel Tells Him They’re Fully Booked
A 33-year-old man was arrested for smashing the windows of several cars with a helmet after he was unable to...
PDRM Launches Investigation Into Patients Seen Gambling In Quarantine Centre
Recently, there have been many videos showing the activities of patients at the MAEPS quarantine centre which are going viral....
PM: ASEAN Must Be Tougher on Hate Speech Against Gender, Race, Sexual Orientation
Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, officiated the first ASEAN Digital Ministers’ Meeting (ADGMIN1) today (21 January) which was held...
Social Stories23 hours ago
M’sian Mum Fined For Not Wearing Mask in Non-Crowded Place While Attending To Her Child In The Car
Relationships24 hours ago
I Was Led On For 2 Months Straight By A Guy Who Didn’t Even Like Me!
Social Stories19 hours ago
“Best home quarantine ever” Nazri Aziz’s Wife Posts Video On Beach After Testing Positive For Covid-19
Social Stories19 hours ago
“Not everyone lives in luxury condos” Man Reveals Why Some M’sians Are Against MCO 2.0