The vaccination rate of the country has been speeding up, particularly in the Klang Valley. As of 21 August 2021, 54.3 per cent of the Malaysian adult population has already gotten both doses of their vaccines, and more than 30 million doses of vaccines have been administered.
Besides, some vaccination centres (PPV) in Klang Valley are also open for walk-in vaccinations. On 22 August 2021, the Covid-19 Immunisation Task Force (JKJAV) released a new list of PPVs that allows the public to walk in for vaccination.
The PPVs that have walk-ins available starting 23 August 2021 for Malaysians are:
- Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC) HCO F,G,H
- Axiata Arena Bukit Jalil A,B
- Ideal Convention Centre, Shah Alam (IDCC) HCO B
- Bangi Avenue Convention Centre (BACC)
- Hotel Wyndham Acmar Klang
- Dewan Sivik MBPJ, Petaling Jaya
- Stadium Tertutup Kuala Selangor
- Dewan Sri Bernam, Sabak Bernam
- Dewan Kompleks Sukan Majlis Perbandaran Kuala Langat
Meanwhile, Le Pavilion Gamuda Garden, Gombak and Bukit Beruntung Golf Resort will open on 25 August, while Galaxy Mall Ampang and Universiti Multimedia, Cyberjaya will open on 26 August for walk-in vaccinations.
It is important to note that the walk-in vaccinations will be assigned on a first-come-first-serve basis. The Covid-19 Immunisation Task Force (JKJAV) also urged the public to not choose the type or brand of the vaccine, as all vaccine works and protects us from severe Covid-19 symptoms.