Yesterday (9 February), Defence Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced that all businesses in the retail sector can begin operations again during the Movement Control Order (MCO) starting 10 February.
- Clothing shops, fashion and accessories
- Shoe shops
- Photography items shops/photography services
- Preloved goods shops
- Flower shop/nursery
- Handicraft and souvenir shops
- Antique shops
- Games shops
- Carpet shops
- Creative content shops/creative industry equipment
- Outdoor shops
- Sports equipment shops
- Home goods and kitchen appliances
- Cosmetics, skincare and perfume shops
- Tobacco shops
- Vehicle accessories shops
- Pawn shops
Ismail Sabri also posted the list of general standard operating procedures (SOP) for the re-opening of this sector.
The SOPs are as follows:
- Disinfection and cleaning processes are to be carried out three times a day during operation.
- It is mandatory for workers and customers to wear a face mask while on the premises.
- Customers with a temperature of over 37.5 degrees Celsius and above are not allowed to enter the premises.
- Hand sanitisers must be provided at the entrance. Customers must use it before entering the premises.
- The movement of customers entering and exiting premises must be controlled.
- Employees and customers must register with the MySejahtera app upon entering premises.
- Customers must observe physical distancing of at least 1 meter in the premises.
- The number of customers on the premises at a time must be limited.
- Customers are encouraged to make payments electronically.
Owners of the premises need to provide disposable gloves for customers when browsing through clothes.
Only transactions (buying and selling) in cosmetics, skincare, and perfume shops are allowed. Face-to-face consultation and the use of testers are not allowed.
Photo shops/photography services
Only one customer and one photographer are allowed into the studio at a time. The use of filming studios (except for passport, visa, and licence photo services) are not allowed.
Do take note of these SOPs if you’re planning on visiting any of these shops soon. Remember to always stay safe and stay home as much as you can.
Another Database Allegedly Leaked & on Sale For Almost RM44,000, Has Information on 22.5 MILLION M’sians
Just 8 months ago 2 huge database were put up for sale on a well-known marketplace forum. One of the...
Minister: All States Agree On Min. RM0.20 Pollution Charge Per Plastic Bag To Combat Single Use Plastic
We use a lot of plastic bags in our daily life, especially when we tapau lunch or go to get...
“He is a compulsive liar” – Mahathir Threatens to Sue Zahid Hamidi For Questioning His Malay Ancestry
When it comes to accusations, it is always best to make sure that you’ve done your fair bit of research...
M’sian Billionaire Loses RM21 Million to Macau Scam, Largest Fraudulent Case Targeted at a Person
Scams are as old as time and you would think that we have grown familiar enough with them to avoid...
Policeman Uses Mobile Phone While Driving on Federal Highway, PDRM Calls Him in & Issues a Summon
It’s not only illegal to be on the phone with your hands on the wheel but it also endangers other...
Prices of Necessities May Increase by up to 60% Next Month
There have been a lot of factors that have led to an increase in the prices of goods. The prices...
Malaysia Ranked 8th Most Dangerous Country to Drive in With Road Traffic Death Rate of 22.5
We all know how dangerous driving in Malaysia can be but how do we rank out of the other countries...
Pieces of Stone Statue Fall From Gopuram of Ipoh Temple, Kills A Woman & Injures 2 Others
A woman in Ipoh met her tragic & unfortunate death yesterday (15 May) during a ritual ceremony in a temple....
Social Stories9 hours ago
M’sian Student Gets Fined For Wearing Kurta at a Raya Gathering, M’sians Think it is Unreasonable
Social Stories9 hours ago
S’porean Employer Rejects a Candidate as She Needed Spoon-Feeding & Netizens Agree
Social Stories14 hours ago
MBSA Officers in Kota Kemuning Yell At Customers Over Queue Number Dispute, MBSA Apologises
Social Stories10 hours ago
“He came back empty handed” – M’sians Are Comparing PM Ismail With Indonesia’s Jokowi