fbpx
Connect with us

News

Glass-Top Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In Use, Shards Fly 5 Metres Into Living Room

Published

Glass-Top Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In Use, Shards Fly 5 Metres Into Living Room - World Of Buzz 3
Source: Lianhe Wanbao

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Glass-top furniture and fittings are pretty common nowadays but while they are safe to use, it’s important to note that you should take proper care of them. A family living in a Sengkang flat was shocked when their glass-top stove suddenly shattered while they were not using it.

Glass-Top Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In Use, Shards Fly 5 Metres Into Living Room - World Of Buzz 1

For illustration purposes only

According to Lianhe Wanbao, they were startled when they heard a loud crack from the kitchen due to the tempered glass spontaneously shattering, which sent shards flying five metres away into the living room. The mother, identified as Chen, said that when the stove cracked, their domestic helper was in the kitchen washing dishes.

Chen said that the helper was washing the dishes at about 1pm. The glass from the stove fell to the ground and continued cracking for about 30 minutes until it was fully shattered. She added that they did not use the stove that day so the surface was not hot.

Glass-Top Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In Use, Shards Fly 5 Metres Into Living Room - World Of Buzz

“Usually, my 12-year-old will help with the cooking and my younger son goes in and out of the kitchen frequently. Luckily, they were not in the kitchen at that time,” Chen said. She was puzzled and concerned about the stove as it was supposed to last for 10 years at least.

They had bought the stove in Feb 2017 and only started using it in April. This meant that they had only used it for almost three years so this was not supposed to happen. Chen contacted the stove distributor on the same day to lodge a report. However, the manufacturer said that it was not a product defect but the glass top had shattered because of use and maintenance issues.

Glass-Top Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In Use, Shards Fly 5 Metres Into Living Room - World Of Buzz 2

Apparently, the stove cracked because of a rusty burner. The manufacturer said that the family did not clean the burner properly after spilling some soup on it and this caused it to corrode. Now, Chen is worried that other people might suffer the same fate as she had recommended the stove to several friends and family.

While tempered glass-top stoves are generally safe for use, it is important to take proper care of it as it can shatter if not maintained!

 

Also read: Woman Shares How Her Tempered Glass Table EXPLODED While Having Hotpot At Home

 - World Of Buzz

Source: Warm Chef


Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Restaurant 2 Ft Restaurant 2 Ft
News9 hours ago

JUST IN: Restaurants, Convenience Stores & Petrol Stations Allowed To Open Till 12am Starting 23 Sept

In a press statement released today, 22 September, Prime minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced that restaurants grocery stores, mini markets,...

Ft Tengku 1 Ft Tengku 1
News10 hours ago

Man Loses Over RM500k After Being Scammed By ‘Tengku’ Royalty

Ever since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, more people have been taken advantage of through “love scams” in which...

Ft Petrol Ft Petrol
News17 hours ago

Petrol Stations, Convenience Stores And F&B Allowed To Operate Till Midnight

With the recent announcement that more tourist destinations such as Perhentian Island, Genting Highlands and more will be reopening soon,...

80 80
News19 hours ago

80% Of The Adult Population In M’sia Has Been Fully Vaccinated One Week Before Target!

The government previously set a target to achieve herd immunity by October 2021, with 80% of the adult population being...

Nano Nano
News2 days ago

KKM: Nano Mist Spray Should Be Used To Disinfect Surfaces Only, NOT Humans

You might have noticed several posts on social media where people have been recommending nano mist sprays for the purpose...

Gunung Jerai Flash Flood Act Of God Gunung Jerai Flash Flood Act Of God
News2 days ago

Takiyuddin: Natural Disaster In Kedah Is An “Act Of God” & Not Due To Logging

Now that the parliament is up and running again, it seems like everything is back to normal with all the...

Home Quarantine Home Quarantine
News2 days ago

KKM: Fully Vaccinated Individuals Can Quarantine At Home Upon Arrival In Malaysia

Fully vaccinated travellers can now opt to quarantine at home upon arrival in Malaysia, provided they make an application 7-10...

Beach Park Ft Beach Park Ft
News2 days ago

Penang Beach Park Forced To Shut Down After Thousands Of Visitors Were Spotted

A beach park in Penang, Taman Rekreasi Pantai Robina (also known as Robina Eco Park), has been forced to shut...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY