Connect with us

News

From 1 To 107 Cases In A Week! NZ Advises Citizens To Be Cautious With The Delta Variant

Published

Nz Ft
Source: how stuff works & Al Jazeera

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

New Zealand will remain in Level 4 lockdown until at least the end of the week as the number of Covid-19 cases in the country reaches three figures, totalling 107 cases since the outbreak which started on Tuesday (17 August).

According to newsroom, Prime Minister Jacinda Arden has announced that New Zealand will be staying at Level 4 while officials build a picture of the Delta’s spread as “there remain a number of unanswered questions, and with Delta, more certainty is needed”.

Jacinda

Auckland, the country’s largest city and the epicentre of the latest outbreak, will be in lockdown for longer, until 11.59pm on 31 August.

“The safest option for all of us right now is to hold the course for longer,” said Ardern at a news conference.

“If the world has taught us anything it is to be cautious with this variant of Covid-19,” she added.

 

From 1 case to 107 Covid-19 cases 

New Zealand went into lockdown on Tuesday (17 August), within a few hours of the first case being detected. It is the first nationwide lockdown since March 2020, as reported by DW news.

The country reported 35 new infections on Monday (23 August), 33 of which were in Auckland and two in the capital, Wellington. The total number of infections in the current outbreak stands at 107, on day six of the nationwide lockdown.

Nz

This is the most cases reported in New Zealand since 10 April last year, of which 44 cases were recorded.

Of the 107 current cases, only 35 will continue to be under investigation to determine whether they are epidemiologically linked to the outbreak.

What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comment section below!

 

Also Read: New Zealand’s Covid-19 Cases Quadruple Overnight Due To Delta Variant

Nz2

Source: Al Jazeera

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Dd Ft 5 Dd Ft 5
News12 hours ago

“You are on my radar” – Yang di-Pertuan Agong Warns Corrupt Officers in MACC & Other Govt Agencies

His Majesty the Yang di-Pertuan Agong Sultan Ibrahim has warned that more individuals are now on His Majesty’s “radar” in...

Dd Ft Dd Ft
News17 hours ago

PDRM: Up to 7 Years’ Jail, RM10k Fine for Fireworks Other Than ‘Happy Boom’ & ‘Pop-Pop’ This CNY

The Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) has reminded the public that possessing, selling, buying or setting off firecrackers and fireworks for...

Anwarft 1 Anwarft 1
News1 day ago

“We can go even further!” – PMX Claims Malaysia Has ‘Extraordinary Potential’ if Governance Stays Clean

Malaysia has extraordinary potential to achieve even faster progress if it continues to be governed effectively and with integrity, said...

Feat Image Ringgit Feat Image Ringgit
News1 day ago

Ringgit Has Gained 14% Against USD, So Why Haven’t Prices Gone Down? Finance Minister II Explains

Finance Minister II Datuk Seri Amir Hamzah Azizan has addressed concerns regarding why the prices of goods in Malaysia remain...

Collage 47 Collage 47
News1 day ago

DBKL Raids Multiple Bars on Valentine’s Eve Including in Mont Kiara for Operating Without Licences

Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) uncovered multiple violations at three bars during an enforcement operation. DBKL conducted the operation on...

Feat Image New Source Feat Image New Source
News1 day ago

Malaysia’s New Renewable Power Source: Penang is Turning Pig Waste Into Electricity for Homes Nationwide

Penang Chief Minister Chow Kon Yeow recently officiated the launch of a centralised biogas facility in Kampung Valdor, South Seberang...

Collage 45 Collage 45
News1 day ago

Popular Shah Alam Massage Outlet Ordered to Close for Operating Without a Licence, Illegal Workers Detained

A popular Thai massage outlet in Setia Alam, Shah Alam, was raided on Thursday night (12 February) by officers from...

Lrtft Lrtft
News1 day ago

Anthony Loke: Govt Not Planning to Limit Car Ownership Despite Worsening Congestion in Klang Valley

If you’ve found yourself sitting in Klang Valley traffic wondering whether Malaysia might one day limit how many cars people...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY