Featured image source: xinhua
A woman in China who pretended to be a Qing Dynasty Princess managed to swindle victims over 2.3 million yuan.
The woman who was 49-year-old Wang Fengying claimed that she was Princess Changping, a descendant of the Aisin Gioro family, a house that ruled the Qing Dynasty from 1644 to 1911. However, Wang was not a princess from the Aisin Gioro family, but rather an ordinary farmer from Henan province.
Wang had an accomplice, who was a 47-year-old unemployed man from Xi’an. She told victims that her family left her 175 billion yuan in assets which had been held by authorities.
She lied to the victims by persuading them to lend her money so that she could bribe officials and get her assets back. She promised to reward them with three times the amount of their “investment”, Xinhua reports.
We aren’t exactly sure how she did it, but she suceeded!
The scam started from February 2013 all the way to July 2014. Wang used the money she scammed from the victims to splurge on a new car and put a downpayment on an apartment. When authorities raided her home, they found 41 gold bars, thousands in fake cash and ‘treasure maps that Wang offered to investors as collateral’, according to the Associated Press.
Wang was sentenced to 13.5 years in prison on Monday while her accomplice was jailed for 12 years, the People’s Court of Lianhu District in Xi’an, Shaanxi province said yesterday. They were also ordered to repay the money they’d stolen and slapped with 500,000 yuan fines.
“I am healthy” PM Muhyiddin & Dr Noor Hisham Have No Side Effects After Covid-19 Vaccination
Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin and Health Director-General Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah received their first dose of...
MDKS Disappointed With Netizens Still Spreading Fake Photos of Their Signboard Amended in 2015
The Kuala Selangor District Council (MDKS) is disappointed and upset with the actions of netizens who are still spreading false...
Anyone Who Violates MCO SOPs Can Be Fined Up To RM10,000 Starting 11 March
The Movement Control Order is still being implemented in states such as Penang, Kuala Lumpur, Selangor and Johor until 4...
11,000 Year-Old Perak Man Now Has A Face, Netizens Say He Looks Familiar
When we were learning Sejarah in Form One, a name that stood out in the textbooks was the “Perak Man”...
JUST IN: Parents Can Travel Interstate & Interdistrict To Send Their Kids To School
In his press conference today, Defence Minister, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced that parents will no longer need to...
News22 hours ago
1yo Baby Fined RM100 By Condominium Management In Ampang For Not Wearing Mask In Elevator
News22 hours ago
KKM Explains Why PM Muhyiddin’s Vaccination Syringe Had Two Different Colours
Social Stories3 hours ago
Disabled Man Who Accidentally Killed Hawker In Kampar Riddled With Guilt, Apologises To Her Family
Social Stories22 hours ago
Watch: M’sian Man Suprises His Wife & Kids After Being Stuck In SG For A Year