Be careful when you’re using non-original mobile phone chargers, guys! That’s because a fire broke out at a double-storey house at Taman Cempaka, Ipoh yesterday night (December 4th) at around 8pm and it is believed to have been caused by a fake mobile phone charger.
According to Sinchew, the fire got so bad that it engulfed two other houses as well. It is believed that a mother and her two adult children were living in the first house that caught fire. The 50-year-old daughter said that she heard an explosion from her 45-year-old brother’s bedroom and quickly fled the house with her elderly mother who had mobility problems.
Her brother rushed inside his bedroom to check on the situation and found that his mobile phone charger had exploded. The charger had caught on fire and at first, he tried to put it out by taking water from the bathroom to extinguish it.
He said that the charger he used was not original and had just plugged his phone in to charge not long ago before it suddenly exploded. The firefighters were alerted but by the time they reached, the house was already badly burned. About 85% of the house was destroyed by the fire and the other two houses affected were about 5% and 10% burned.
Fortunately, there were no casualties reported as the families at both houses had gone out for dinner. The firefighters worked hard and finally managed to put out the fire two hours later. Although they suspected that the fire was started by a short circuit in the fake mobile phone charger, the firefighters said that they are still investigating the incident.
That’s really scary for a mobile phone charger to catch fire like this! Make sure to get reputable brands, guys!
Johor Experiences Shortage In Nurses As They Prefer Working In Singapore For Better Salaries
It appears that Johor is having a severe shortage of nurses, leading the state government to arrange for a meeting...
“Parliament proceedings are toxic & like pasar malam” – Ex Parliament Speaker Recalls His Experience
Parliament is a place intended for our representatives to debate on reforms and important issues. However, in Malaysia, there appears...
Space Debris Mysteriously Found in 3 Areas in India, Suspected to be From Chinese Rocket
Although it is rare to get hit by space debris, it appears that it is becoming a regular occurrence in...
PDRM On Lookout For BMW Driver For Braking Abruptly Several Times To Purposely Bother Other Drivers
The police are currently in the process of tracking down the driver of a white BMW, after the driver was...
UK Single Mother Forced to Undergo Surgery After Accidentally Swallowing a Covid-19 Swab Test
We often hear of people swallowing things which they are probably not meant to, such as coins, nails and even...
Another Database Allegedly Leaked & on Sale For Almost RM44,000, Has Information on 22.5 MILLION M’sians
Just 8 months ago 2 huge database were put up for sale on a well-known marketplace forum. One of the...
Minister: All States Agree On Min. RM0.20 Pollution Charge Per Plastic Bag To Combat Single Use Plastic
We use a lot of plastic bags in our daily life, especially when we tapau lunch or go to get...
“He is a compulsive liar” – Mahathir Threatens to Sue Zahid Hamidi For Questioning His Malay Ancestry
When it comes to accusations, it is always best to make sure that you’ve done your fair bit of research...
Social Stories24 hours ago
M’sian Actress Exposes Perverted Fan Who Messaged Her & Made Lewd Remarks
Social Stories5 hours ago
Pui Yi Shares Another Sultry Photo in Response to Backlash After Posing Disrespectfully in British Museum
Social Stories23 hours ago
OKU Struggles to Get to LRT Station as RapidKL Didn’t Maintain Facilities, Their Response Draws Backlash
Social Stories6 hours ago
“This is mercy” – Double Parked Myvi in KL Gets Trashed With Garbage Bins & M’sians Are Satisfied