As we transition into endemicity, most of the borders have opened up, allowing international travellers to cross geographical lines again.
While the sudden surge of travellers may be good for struggling airlines and tourism industries, the airports may not be able to keep up, which can cause immense chaos and expensive disappointments.
People missing their flights to lost luggage
It’s been reported that many travellers are missing their flights due to incredulously long waiting times at check-in and security checkpoints.
- Lack of airport staff as many airlines and airports laid off workers during the pandemic
- Conditions and pay have been lowered (longer working hours, lower pay, higher unemployment risk) which leads to less people wanting to go back to work at an airport
- Longer check in procedures (Covid-19 vaccination proof and negative PCR tests)
- Summer holidays in Europe which result in an influx of travellers
This is affecting most major airports across Europe. Namely:
- Schiphol Airport – Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Frankfurt Airport – Frankfurt, Germany
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport – Paris, France
With the added procedures and lack of airport staffs, the process and system invested by authorities will no longer be as seamless as before.
But, that doesn’t mean that you cannot prepare yourself for this.
If you’re travelling to Europe soon, here’s a few things you can take note off:
- Terms and conditions applied: When travelling through this pandemic, it’s best to keep track of the mask mandates and/or vaccination requirements. Make sure you have all your documents ready in case of any mishaps.
- Head to the airport EARLY: Our parents are right, there is a reason to get to the airport early. With the extra procedures required, a typical 3 hour before flight wait may not be enough. It is advisable to arrive the airport at least 4-6 hours before flight if you have check-in luggage.
- Travel light: If possible, it’s best to not have any check-in luggage as you may have to spend a long time waiting for your bags. A carry-on would be less time consuming and the risk of it getting lost during transit is definitely lower.
- Online check-ins: Make sure you check-in online prior to your flight so you avoid getting at manual check-in counters.
We hope this little travel guide helps you with planning your trip – safe travels!
WATCH: M’sian Coast Guard Heroically Rescues 5 Fishermen Stranded On A Rock In Rough Seas
Five local fishermen who were stranded on Pulau Batu Berantai in Selangor owing to heavy weather, which was 1.4 nautical...
5yo French Boy Dies After Jellyfish Sting In Pangkor Island
The sea is a beautiful place to be when the weather is hot. However, we must never forget that other...
Zahid Hamidi Shows Support To Najib Following Court Decision, Urges UMNO Fans Not To Lose Hope
On August 16, former Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak had his application to produce new evidence in his final...
Johor To Implement 4-And-A-Half Days Of Work Per Week By Year End?
For many decades, humans around the globe have been working on a 5-day work schedule and it wasn’t until the...
Super Idol Winner & M’sian Singer Eison Chai Found Dead At Train Station In Taiwan
Death often creeps in unexpectedly. Just yesterday (August 17), a Malaysian pop singer based in Taiwan met his demise after...
JUST IN: First Human-To-Pet-Dog Transmission Of Monkeypox Has Been Confirmed In France
While the world is still battling Covid-19, the sudden outbreak of monkeypox has caused a lot of stress to people...
15yo Girl & 3 Male Friends Arrested After They Were Found At Kedah Motel With Used Condoms
A teenage girl was arrested along with three male friends after a motel they were at in Padang Temusu, Kedah,...
KLIA & Langkawi International Airport Named Among World’s Best Airports; Netizens Disagree
KL International Airport (KLIA) and the Langkawi International Airport (LGK) have been listed among the world’s best airports for Q2...
M’sian DJ Remixes Voice Notes From Viral Gas Cylinder Incident
Earlier in the week, a post was shared on a FB group regarding a Malaysian Auntie constantly going MIA from...
Malaysian Husbands Try Steaming Their Wives Favourite Clothes
Malaysian Memoirs | The Accident That Changed Everything (The Kumaar Family Story)
Social Stories20 hours ago
“My grandfather will look for you” – M’sian Jokes About Deliveryman Who Left Package Inside Joss Paper Burner
Social Stories22 hours ago
Woman Shocked That She Has Been A Mistress To Her “Husband’ For 10 Years
Social Stories23 hours ago
Ballsy Alicia Amin Stands Up Against KLFW Founder Andrew Tan For Delaying Payment To Models
Social Stories23 hours ago
M’sian Woman Warns Netizens To Be Vigilant As Man Tried To Hijack Her E-Hailing Ride , Claiming To Be Her