Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim had a press conference today at 2pm at Hotel Meridien, Kuala Lumpur, after an audience with the Yang Di-Pertuan Agong earlier this morning. In his extremely brief statement, the opposition leader had only very few things to say before answering questions from members of the media.
Here’s what he had to say:
- Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has submitted all necessary documents to the Yang Di-Pertuan Agong and hopes that in two to three days the Agong will call all party leaders for another meeting and input.
- He has presented more than 120 names to the Agong. But he declined to reveal further details. The list will be shared at a later time.
- Today is NOT about winning or losing but about forming a just government that will be better equipped to fight the Covid-19 pandemic.
- He once again repeated that they have a formidable and convincing majority from Parliamentarians.
- He appealed to fellow Malaysians to exercise patience and wisdom and to allow the King to digest and make a decision based on the constitution and at the discretion of His Highness.
- PM Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin has lost his majority and therefore it would be appropriate for him to resign.
- The current government has no clear plan to revive the economy.
- Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has extended an olive branch to the PM Muhyddin but has not received a response.
- “We are committed to reform & rule of law. No question of cutting deals with anyone. Must accept the due process of law.”
- While his government will be a Malay-Muslim majority, it will be an inclusive government and the rights of all races will be preserved.
All we can do now is wait and see what the Agong has to say and whether we will be witnessing yet ANOTHER change in government this year!
“I will create chaos at all police stations” ‘Datuk Seri’ Arrested For Extortion & Threatens Police
A man who claims he is a Datuk Seri was arrested last Thursday (25 February) at 8.30pm after he threatened...
“This will accelerate the brand’s growth” GSC Acquires Majority of MBO Cinema’s Assets
We wonder what’s in store for the future now with this acquisition! With the MCO ending on 4 March and...
MKN: You Can Travel Freely Between Selangor & KL, But Travel Permit Needed For Putrajaya
On 2 March 2021, the Minister of Defence Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced in his press conference that all...
GSC Is Opening Their Cinemas To The Public On 5 March, Here Are The Movie Line-Ups!
The moment movie buffs have been waiting for is finally here! GSC took to their Facebook page yesterday (2 March)...
“It’s not a recognition of the LGBT community” Says MAIS Over Federal Court’s Decision
On 25 February, the Federal Court decided that Selangor’s Syariah Law against ‘unnatural sex’ is unconstitutional and inconsistent with the...
Social Stories20 hours ago
Photos: M’sian Transforms Old House Into Muji-Concept Home Without Interior Designer
News19 hours ago
Here’s What You Can & Cannot Do In RMCO & CMCO Areas
Social Stories20 hours ago
“It’s too small!” Customer Complains That She Can’t Insert Cards Horizontally Into Wallet
Social Stories24 hours ago
After 24 Years Together, Homeless Couple Gets Married Thanks To Kind Strangers & We’re In Love!