As the Pakatan Harapan government is currently trying to unravel many things that the previous government had hidden, one can expect them to discover more and more documents.
Right outside one of Malaysia’s largest defence contractors, loads of boxes have been stacked on wooden pallets and on at least four military trucks. Covered with canvas and plastic wrap, the boxes seem to amount to over a hundred of them, but its contents are still unknown.
Speculations have been raised that the boxes could contain documents related to the Ministry of Defence’s ongoing investigations into business deals conducted under the previous administration that were deemed suspicious.
Security guards of the private company, whose name has not been revealed, said that they do not know what is in those boxes, but have been ordered by “the authorities” to make sure that “no one touches or goes near them”.
“The pallets have been there under rain and shine. We can’t say much but we are told to ensure no boxes or papers go missing,” said one of the guards.
He also added that the boxes had been placed there between the election campaign period and the aftermath of polling day on May 9.
A reliable source told Free Malaysia Today, that the boxes contained “important documents” linked to Mindef contracts.
The Pakatan Harapan government has since been focusing on defence contracts worth billions of ringgit as they have pledged to investigate any corrupt practices conducted under Barisan Nasional.
Defence Minister Mohamad Sabu announced recently that Ambrin Buang, former auditor-general, is heading a special probe team to investigate any misconduct and malpractices in the ministry.
A source disclosed that “a very senior politician” had instructed for the boxes to be placed there on May 21, but the claim cannot be independently verified. However, attempts have been made to contact the related parties including Hishammuddin Hussein, former defence minister.
“These documents were meant to be kept in Block B and C to be destroyed later,” the source said, adding that they contained documents and papers which could act as evidence in any graft probe.
Meanwhile, an employee from the firm said company documents that were meant to be discarded were usually kept in an unused block, but added that it is possible the new government is looking at these contents since the boxes were not moved.
What do you think those boxes of documents contain? Let us know in the comments below!
JUST IN: Swimming Pools Are Now Allowed To Be Open For Water Sports Training
Minister of Defence, Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri bin Yaakob has just announced in a live broadcast that swimming pools will...
JUST IN: Resorts World Genting Confirms That They Will Be Reopening Starting 19th June!
Guys, this is not a drill. Genting Highlands will officially be reopening by this weekend to the public after an extended closure due...
JUST IN: Setapak Barber Confirmed Positive For Covid-19, 40 Close Contact Cases Identified
In an update from the case of a barber in Setapak allegedly testing positive for Covid-19, our Health Director-General Dr...
JUST IN: Barber in Setapak Suspected To Be Positive For Covid-19 Only After 2 Days of Opening Barbershop
UPDATE: Health Director-General Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah has come forward to mention that the barber’s diagnosis has not been officially...
BREAKING: SPM & STPM Students Will Return To School By 24th June
In his latest live telecast to the Malaysian public, Education Minister Dr. Mohd Radzi bin Md Jidin has announced that...
Tired Of Comparing Prices On Different Websites? This ONE App Helps You Do That, Gives You Cashback & MORE
Nowadays, more and more Malaysians would prefer to do their shopping online rather than in physical stores. This is because...
Stronger, Faster & Smarter: Here’s Why M’sians Can’t Wait to Get the HUAWEI P40 Pro+ Dropping This Friday!
In case you didn’t know, we’re just a couple of days away from the launch of the HUAWEI P40 Pro+...
The New Normal Reveals 6 Things M’sians Do That Unknowingly Help Spread Germs & Bacteria Faster
Life has been a lot more different since the Movement Control Order (MCO) was implemented on 18 March 2020, almost...
- Social Stories15 hours ago
Malaysia’s First Ever Drive-In Cinema Will Be Opening Soon!
- People17 hours ago
21-Year-Old Malaysian Makes Over RM100,000 By Selling Used Furniture!
- Social Stories11 hours ago
Lee Chong Wei Writes Heartfelt Post After Lin Dan Announces Retirement
- Social Stories12 hours ago
Man Suffers Through 4 HOUR Erection Because Of Covid-19