Newly-appointed Minister of Communications and Multimedia Tan Sri Annuar Musa called on Malaysians to give him suggestions on how to improve the ministry.
In a tweet on 1 September, the Ketereh MP said that he wants to see how the ministry can further connect the “under-connected” and make them better.
“My first week will be full of briefings by departments & agencies within KKMM,” he said.
“I look forward to fully understand the progress KKMM has made especially in tackling Digital Divide, 5G Deployment, connecting the “under-connected” and see how we can accelerate and make them better.”
He then called on netizens to let him know their hopes and suggestions for the ministry in the comment section.
“We do need to improve Malaysia’s connectivity. Communication Technology shouldn’t be a privilege, it should be for everyone,” he said in another tweet.
Some netizens left their suggestions as requested:
- “The people need high-speed internet with much lower charges. The present plans and charges are really disappointing and hurting. What is Keluarga Malaysia actually if not caring for each other?”
- “One of the things that can be focused on is the issue for the people in the countryside to have access to the internet. This is actually a big issue considering most of us are working from home and the children have their online classes. I hope Datuk Seri can look into this issue.”
- “Internet coverage is quite okay in rural Selangor, but sometimes disconnected or very slow at times. Please help us as the charges are high, but the quality is quite low. Thank you”
- “1. Coverage 2. Speed 3. Cost & Affordability 4. Security 5. Holistic 6. Realistic”
- “Review back the “unlimited data” term mentioned by telcos. Most of them got a fair usage policy, which then makes the term obsolete and irrelevant. Also, keep pushing telcos harder to improve connectivity and speed, not 4G but speed like 3G.”
Do you have a suggestion for the Ministry of Communications and Multimedia? Let us know in the comments below. Annuar Musa might take notice!