Connect with us

News

Water Cuts in Klang Valley Extended Due to Vessel System Explosion, Says Syabas

Published

Water Cuts In Klang Valley Extended After Vessel System Bursts - World Of Buzz 4
Source: Facebook

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Uh-oh! It looks like we’re going to experience water disruptions longer than we expected. 

Water Cuts In Klang Valley Extended After Vessel System Bursts - World Of Buzz

Just last week (2 March 2018), Syarikat Bekalan Air Selangor (Syabas) announced that there were going to be water disruptions for certain areas around the Klang Valley and Selangor on 6 March 2018 (Tuesday) but it was assured that the matter will be resolved quickly.

However, now, The Star reported that due to the explosion of a surge vessel system at the SSP3 water treatment plant, there will be a delay in the resumption of water supply to affected areas in the Klang Valley, said Syabas. Oh dear! 

Water Cuts In Klang Valley Extended After Vessel System Bursts - World Of Buzz 1

Source: facebook

The statement released by Syabas also said that the repair works have actually been completed ahead of time at around 5pm yesterday (6 March 2018) but just when the plant was about to resume operations, the vessel blew up. How unfortunate. 

Water Cuts In Klang Valley Extended After Vessel System Bursts - World Of Buzz 3

Source: facebook

“The incident caused serious injuries to staff on site and Syarikat Pengeluar Air Sungai Selangor (SPLASH) has informed the National Water Services Commission (Span) and the Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH),” explained the statement.

It was reported that at least five staff were seriously injured from the explosion.

Water Cuts In Klang Valley Extended After Vessel System Bursts - World Of Buzz 2

Source: facebook

We hope the staff will recover soon!  

The statement further added that the incident had caused the supply restoration to be extended from the schedule that was initially announced. Thus, Syabas said that it would continue to send water tankers 24/7 to the affected areas until the water supply is restored. Thank goodness! 

They also requested for customers’ cooperation and understanding over the incident. Not only that, they confirmed that actions will be taken to minimise the impact of water supply disruptions. As of now, there are no further reports on when the matter will be resolved.

So, let’s just pray hard that this issue will be resolved immediately because seriously, we need water to carry out our daily lives!

In the meantime, it’s time to bring out all the huge pails to store water, again!

 

Also read: These Areas in KL and Selangor Will Suffer Water Disruptions Starting March 6

Check If Your Areas In Kuala Lumpur And Selangor Are Affected By Water Disruptions Starting March 6! - World Of Buzz 3

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Dd Ft 3 Dd Ft 3
News11 hours ago

MARA Chairman Slams Netizens for Belittling Cadet Pilot Programme Prioritising Tahfiz Students

Recently, Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) announced its decision to offer Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Tahfiz students the opportunity...

Collage 17 Collage 17
News4 days ago

“Sg Buloh Prison is overcrowded” – Lawyer Urges Court to Release Trio Who Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery on Bail

Three men accused of assaulting a long-haired man at a bak kut teh shop in Kepong were charged in the...

Collage 2 2 Collage 2 2
News5 days ago

“Shoot them if they evade arrest” – Kedah MB Urges Extreme Measures Against Langkawi Drug Syndicate

Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor has urged police to take firm, and even “extreme”, measures to...

Collage 15 Collage 15
News5 days ago

Jho Low Seeks Presidential Pardon from Donald Trump to Drop His 1MDB Criminal Charges in the US

Fugitive Malaysian businessman Low Taek Jho, better known as Jho Low, has reportedly applied for a presidential pardon from former...

Collage 14 Collage 14
News6 days ago

19yo M’sian Student Charged with Murder of Woman Found with 61 Stab Wounds, Faces Death Penalty

A college student has been charged at the Kota Bharu Magistrate’s Court today with the murder of 19-year-old Nurfisya Zulkifly...

Collage 13 Collage 13
News7 days ago

PDRM: Several Individuals, Believed to be Drunk, Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery for ‘Glaring’ at Them

A man was assaulted by a group of individuals after reportedly looking in their direction while dining at a restaurant...

Collage 11 Collage 11
News1 week ago

PDRM: 11yo Student Who Fell from Melaka School Was Retrieving Peer’s Shoe He Had Thrown on Awning

Police have confirmed that an incident involving a Standard 5 male student, who was injured after falling from a garage...

Collage 9 Collage 9
News2 weeks ago

11yo Falls From Melaka School Building While Retrieving Shoe Allegedly Thrown Onto Awning by a Peer

A Standard Five male student from a primary school in Batu Berendam, Melaka, was injured after falling from the first-floor...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY