Connect with us

News

Three Eateries in Penang Road Shut Down Due to Rat Dung and Urine

Published

- World Of Buzz
Source: The Star

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Nowadays, it comes as no surprise when we discover more restaurants being infested with rodents and insects, and having unhygienic practices. Due to this, authorities are in full force as they track down these restaurants and eateries, in hopes of getting them to buck up.

Now, another three eateries along Penang road have been checked by health inspectors and they found these premises to be heavily infested with rats. Thus, they were ordered to close for two weeks. 

The three eateries include a mamak, a chicken rice shop, and a cafe that is popular for its signature ice kacang that comes with its in-house durian ice cream and jelly.

According to The Star, all the outlets had rat droppings in their shops, but one of them were found to have rat urine stains when the health inspectors shone ultraviolet light in the nooks and cranniesEwww!

Webp.net Resizeimage 1

Source: the star

They also found more than 50 little black faecal pellets from rats on a wok that was left in the sink. The wok was previously used to make traditional Indian sweetmeats, which now had remnants of orange confection covered in rat dung. More dung pellets were also found on the red lid of a bin next to the wok.

This discovery is absolutely unforgivable as rat dung and urine transmit a wide range of diseases, including leptospirosis, which is life-threatening. It can also cause salmonella infections, which are not deadly but can spread quickly and inflict diarrhoea for days.

Meanwhile, Penang was struck with an outbreak of hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD) as well as dengue fever that have affected more than 4,000 people this year (2018). As such, Penang Island City Council (MBPP) and the state Health Department have stepped up enforcement operations to protect public health.

Webp.net Resizeimage 2

Source: the star

The three that were shut down were among six eateries along Penang Road that were inspected by 20 officers.

The officers issued 10 compounds ranging from RM100 to RM250 for offences like discharging waste into the drains among other unhygienic practices.

MBPP senior health officer Goh Eng Chun said the city council wanted to enhance the level of cleanliness at eateries here.

“This is our third inspection since July 12. With more tourists coming to visit the island, we have to ensure that the food is clean and safe,” he said, adding that from now on, surprise inspections would be carried out weekly instead of fortnightly.

It’s good that the authorities are now taking public hygiene seriously. Meanwhile, let’s be good citizens and try to keep Malaysia as clean as possible.

 

Also read: Restaurant Staff in Kota Bharu Must Now Cover Their ‘Aurat’ to Score Grade A

 - World Of Buzz

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Dd Ft 3 Dd Ft 3
News10 hours ago

MARA Chairman Slams Netizens for Belittling Cadet Pilot Programme Prioritising Tahfiz Students

Recently, Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) announced its decision to offer Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Tahfiz students the opportunity...

Collage 17 Collage 17
News4 days ago

“Sg Buloh Prison is overcrowded” – Lawyer Urges Court to Release Trio Who Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery on Bail

Three men accused of assaulting a long-haired man at a bak kut teh shop in Kepong were charged in the...

Collage 2 2 Collage 2 2
News4 days ago

“Shoot them if they evade arrest” – Kedah MB Urges Extreme Measures Against Langkawi Drug Syndicate

Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor has urged police to take firm, and even “extreme”, measures to...

Collage 15 Collage 15
News5 days ago

Jho Low Seeks Presidential Pardon from Donald Trump to Drop His 1MDB Criminal Charges in the US

Fugitive Malaysian businessman Low Taek Jho, better known as Jho Low, has reportedly applied for a presidential pardon from former...

Collage 14 Collage 14
News6 days ago

19yo M’sian Student Charged with Murder of Woman Found with 61 Stab Wounds, Faces Death Penalty

A college student has been charged at the Kota Bharu Magistrate’s Court today with the murder of 19-year-old Nurfisya Zulkifly...

Collage 13 Collage 13
News6 days ago

PDRM: Several Individuals, Believed to be Drunk, Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery for ‘Glaring’ at Them

A man was assaulted by a group of individuals after reportedly looking in their direction while dining at a restaurant...

Collage 11 Collage 11
News1 week ago

PDRM: 11yo Student Who Fell from Melaka School Was Retrieving Peer’s Shoe He Had Thrown on Awning

Police have confirmed that an incident involving a Standard 5 male student, who was injured after falling from a garage...

Collage 9 Collage 9
News2 weeks ago

11yo Falls From Melaka School Building While Retrieving Shoe Allegedly Thrown Onto Awning by a Peer

A Standard Five male student from a primary school in Batu Berendam, Melaka, was injured after falling from the first-floor...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY