From traffic jams to long working hours, the fast-paced urban life can take a toll on our mental health. If you’re eager to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, look no further because we’ve found the perfect place for you!
Embark on thrilling adventures and create memorable experiences at Gamuda Cove!
Whether you’re a nature lover or an adrenaline junkie, Gamuda Cove offers a wide range of activities for you to connect with nature, try exciting sports, and enjoy leisure! There are unique attractions in Gamuda Cove to cater to all your needs:
Intrigued? Read on and find out all the fun you can experience at Gamuda Cove!
1. Learn all about biodiversity and Orang Asli handicrafts at Wetlands Arboretum Centre
Located in Paya Indah Discovery Wetlands, the Wetlands Arboretum Centre (an educational gallery) is part of the 90-acre wetlands arboretum. It is a botanical library that houses around 3,000 trees and over 200 new plant species for public observation!
Just launched on 13th August, this brand-new attraction is packed with awesome edutainment activities that you won’t want to miss, such as:
Suitable for children and adults, this outdoor learning programme offers social and hands-on activities for visitors to explore wetland ecology. It consists of insightful activities not only from the Wetlands Arboretum Centre but also from Paya Indah Discovery Wetlands!
During the programme, all ticket holders will be given a packed meal with a drink. Each child can also bring home a handcrafted souvenir prepared by the Orang Asli community!
- Orang Asli Handicraft Demonstration & Workshop Tours
Supporting the environmental, social, and governance (ESG) initiatives, Gamuda Cove is dedicated to promoting the rich cultural heritage of the Orang Asli and supporting their socio-economic development.
Besides sourcing handmade handicrafts from Pertubuhan Sahabat Gambut Asli Temuan (SGAT), Gamuda Cove also engages with Orang Asli to prepare fun workshops, such as:
- Weaving Workshops: Learn how to weave Mengkuang leaves and turn them into gorgeous crafts.
- Urban Farming Harvesting: Learn all about urban agriculture and try different harvesting techniques.
2. Reconnect with nature at Paya Indah Discovery Wetlands
Made up of 1,111 acres of natural wetlands, Paya Indah Discovery Wetlands houses 14 beautiful lakes, 14 species of reptiles, 225 species of birds, and many other mammals like hippopotamuses!
Being a habitat of diverse wildlife, this attraction boasts a wide array of ecotourism activities and facilities, including:
- Safari Insta Tour: Take a 45-minute scenic tour around a bamboo trail, Sendayan Lake, and Rumah Melayu!
- Boat Cruise: Tour leisurely across a beautiful lake to discover the wildlife along the lake bank.
- Animal Feeding: Interact with animals like hippopotamuses and crocodiles by bringing them their favourite foods!
- Camping & Picnic: Spend quality time with your loved ones in the lush landscape of the wetlands.
- Adventure Cycling: Enjoy a thrilling ride through the sanctuary featuring mesmerising points of interest!
- Fishing: Unwind as you cast your fishing rod to explore the wildlife below the water.
- Bird Watching: Spot a variety of bird species and snap beautiful pictures of them!
3. Get your adrenaline pumping at Discovery Park
Calling all fun seekers and adrenaline junkies, this 23-acre adventure park is packed with TONS of thrilling activities you don’t want to miss! Be it team building or family bonding, this fun-filled attraction has something for everyone:
- Goosebumps Rope Course (this attraction has the most rope course elements in Malaysia as certified by the Malaysia Book of Records): Challenge yourself to 57 climbing elements for adults, including a giant swing and abseiling. There are 11 climbing elements for kids too!
- Goosebumps Big Swing: Ride a gigantic pendulum swing and feel the adrenaline rush!
- Trampoline & Bungeefly: Let your children have fun in the mini jumping playground and watch them bounce high up in the air!
- Paintball War Game: Gather your friends or colleagues for a paintball battle!
- Paintball Target Shooting: Test your marksmanship skills or sharpen your aim with some target practice!
- ATV: Ride along off-road trails passing through mini hills, mud, and sand!
- RUD Karting: Conquer the winding lanes and sharp corners on a high-speed electric go-kart!
- Leisure Cycling: Break a sweat by cycling along scenic trails passing through the wetlands.
Other than the activities highlighted above, there is also a gorgeous carousel for children AND adults who are young at heart!
After all the heart-pumping adventures, be sure to fuel your body and boost your energy levels with some good food at:
- Cove Aerobar: Enjoy the scenic view of Gamuda Cove at 35 metres high in the sky!
- Beach Pool Club: Expect resort-like swimming facilities! It’s also a perfect place for private functions like birthday parties, corporate events, and more.
4. Escape the Malaysian heat at SplashMania Waterpark
Located just 30 minutes from Kuala Lumpur City Centre, SplashMania offers Malaysians a sweet escape from the tropical heat. Being a part of Gamuda Cove’s Low Carbon City Township, the waterpark is nature-themed—a true embodiment of nature meets fun!
Good news for fellow fun seekers, SplashMania is also home to 39 exhilarating slides and attractions! Here are some top waterslides that you shouldn’t miss:
- Monsta and Twista: Slide into the exhilarating curves, drops, and bowl-shaped slides.
- Wild Rush: Expect thrilling turns and even 360-degree loops!
- Shaka Waka: Indulge in the immersive LED lights and sound effects as you slide down an enclosed tube.
- Plunge: Slide 6 storeys down from the ship at an incredibly high speed!
Don’t worry, as thrilling as they sound, all the rides and attractions in SplashMania adhere to the safety standards and guidelines, as certified by the Malaysian Department of Safety & Health (DOSH), American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), International Association of Amusement Parks & Attractions Industry (IAAPA), and TUV Nord Standards.
5. Plan your trip ahead with the GL Play App
Want to take IG-worthy photos in SplashMania Waterpark but don’t have water-resistant gadgets? Don’t worry, the GL Play App has got you covered!
Using advanced face-recognition technology, the cameras scattered around SplashMania will capture your photos as you have fun! These high-resolution photos can then be downloaded via the GL Play app. You also get to spice up your photos with a range of themed frames before sharing them across your socials!
Other than that, the app can also come in handy by letting you:
- Purchase admission tickets for any GL Play attractions ahead of time
- Navigate through the attractions using digital maps
- Pre-order food and beverages at SplashMania Waterpark to skip the queue
- Keep yourself updated on the latest events
6. Exclusive 10% discount awaits!
Attention WORLD OF BUZZ readers, you’re in for a treat! Brace yourselves for a sweet 10% discount on any activities from GL Play, including:
- Gamuda Cove, Kuala Langat
- Paya Indah Discovery Wetlands
- Discovery Park
- SplashMania Waterpark (weekends only)
- Xploria (Gamuda Gardens, Sungai Buloh North)
- Quayside (Twentyfive7, South of Kota Kemuning)
Wanna save a bundle? It’s a breeze! Follow the simple steps below:
- Visit GL Play website to browse through all attractions and activities.
- Select your desired activity and make a purchase online via OTP.
- Use the promo code “WOB10” during checkout.
And that’s it! Your transaction will be automatically discounted with this exclusive offer. Easy peasy, right?
Now you know where you can visit to create memorable experiences through exhilarating adventures and reconnecting with nature! So, wait no longer and plan a short getaway to Gamuda Cove!