Connect with us

News

No Action Yet in Case of Royal Bodyguard Punching OKU E-Hailing Driver, Dashcam Footage Revealed

Published

My Post 1 2024 08 14T174405.237
Source: Provided to WOB

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

In May, Malaysians were outraged by the incident where a deaf e-hailing driver was assaulted by one of Johor regent Tunku Ismail Sultan Ibrahim’s bodyguards. The case was also allegedly handled horribly by the police. Following that, His Royal Highness Tunku Ismail Sultan Ibrahim called for justice to be served for the deaf e-hailing driver.

Now, 2 and a half months after the incident, it appears that still, no action has been taken.

According to a report by MalaysiaNow, NGO Lawyers For Liberty (LFL) held a press conference today (August 14) to release dashcam footage of the incident, which shows the bodyguard punching the deaf e-hailing driver.

Ong 1

Lawyer, N Surendran who is representing the deaf e-hailing driver, 46-year-old Ong Ing Keong, said that the dashcam footage had been provided to the police on May 28.

“In the face of evidence as clear as that, no one has been brought to justice for this assault upon Ong. It is clearly someone from the escort who did it. His identity is known to the investigation body. Why have charges not been brought?”

“We urge the authorities, the police, the Attorney-General’s Office and the government to take the matter seriously,” N Surendran said.

Ong 2

Ong, with the help of a sign language interpreter, shared that he is still waiting for justice to be served.

“I really hope the suspect will be brought to justice. I have shown my face to the media. Why has the suspect not been revealed? I feel very depressed for the prolonged silence over this incident,” he explained.

 

In the video shown, a man could be heard yelling at Ong to move as he waited for his e-hailing passengers at the St Regis Hotel in Kuala Lumpur.

Ong 3

At one point, the man opened his driver’s side door to tell him to move before closing the door. Ong, who is deaf, rolled his window down to figure out the commotion, only to then be met with a quick punch to the face by a second man, through his open window.

After this incident, Ong has lodged 2 police reports at the Brickfields police station. He was allegedly later approached by a palace representative who apparently requested him to withdraw his reports.

 

You can check out the dashcam footage here:

Do stay tuned for more updates.

 

Also read: Fahmi Fadzil Disappointed Over RM100 Fine in Cyberbullying Case That Led to Suicide, Wants Stricter Laws!

My Post 1 2024 07 18T101921.351

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Collage 17 Collage 17
News3 days ago

“Sg Buloh Prison is overcrowded” – Lawyer Urges Court to Release Trio Who Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery on Bail

Three men accused of assaulting a long-haired man at a bak kut teh shop in Kepong were charged in the...

Collage 2 2 Collage 2 2
News4 days ago

“Shoot them if they evade arrest” – Kedah MB Urges Extreme Measures Against Langkawi Drug Syndicate

Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor has urged police to take firm, and even “extreme”, measures to...

Collage 15 Collage 15
News5 days ago

Jho Low Seeks Presidential Pardon from Donald Trump to Drop His 1MDB Criminal Charges in the US

Fugitive Malaysian businessman Low Taek Jho, better known as Jho Low, has reportedly applied for a presidential pardon from former...

Collage 14 Collage 14
News6 days ago

19yo M’sian Student Charged with Murder of Woman Found with 61 Stab Wounds, Faces Death Penalty

A college student has been charged at the Kota Bharu Magistrate’s Court today with the murder of 19-year-old Nurfisya Zulkifly...

Collage 13 Collage 13
News6 days ago

PDRM: Several Individuals, Believed to be Drunk, Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery for ‘Glaring’ at Them

A man was assaulted by a group of individuals after reportedly looking in their direction while dining at a restaurant...

Collage 11 Collage 11
News1 week ago

PDRM: 11yo Student Who Fell from Melaka School Was Retrieving Peer’s Shoe He Had Thrown on Awning

Police have confirmed that an incident involving a Standard 5 male student, who was injured after falling from a garage...

Collage 9 Collage 9
News1 week ago

11yo Falls From Melaka School Building While Retrieving Shoe Allegedly Thrown Onto Awning by a Peer

A Standard Five male student from a primary school in Batu Berendam, Melaka, was injured after falling from the first-floor...

Dd Ft 17 Dd Ft 17
News2 weeks ago

“I forgive him” – Father of 8yo Girl Fatally Struck Near Johor School Urges Public Not to Blame Van Driver

An 8-year-old student was fatally struck in front of Sekolah Kebangsaan (SK) Seri Maimon in Parit Sulong, Batu Pahat, Johor,...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY