While brushing our teeth, we all have experienced swallowing some amount of toothpaste, but have you ever heard of someone who had actually swallowed an entire toothbrush? Wait, what?!
On 8th December, a 36-year-old man named Avid had accidentally swallowed a 12cm-long toothbrush while brushing his teeth, as reported by NDTV. This incident happened in New Delhi, India. The man was complaining about having some stomach pains and he was later rushed to Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital.
Doctors had offered painkillers to ease his pains; however, that attempt did not work. Later, an X-ray and a CT scan were taken as well around his chest area but the cause of pain was yet to be identified, explained Dr Praveen Aggarwal, head of the department of emergency medicine at AIIMS, as reported in The Times Of India.
A final CT scan on his abdomen was done and a foreign object was discovered in his body. Later, the man admitted that he had accidentally swallowed a toothbrush. Now we all know what was the unfamiliar object, but still, how did he even manage to swallow it?
The doctor further added that the man was later referred to AIIMS as the hospital had no facilities to perform an endoscopy. Another CT scan was performed to examine if the object had caused any perforation or rupture in the internal organs. However, Avid’s internal organs did not suffer any damage caused by the toothbrush lodged in his stomach.
The 12cm-long toothbrush was successfully removed on 10th December.
If you often clean your tongue with your toothbrush, be wary. Here’s Dr Praveen’s advice;
“Often while cleaning the tongue, people have a tendency to put the toothbrush deep into the throat to clean it better. A better option would be to do it with a tongue cleaner.”
Now, we don’t know how he could’ve possibly swallowed a toothbrush but our best bet is that maybe he was too hungry?
What do you think about this incident? Let us know in the comments!
Man Throws 4yo Grandson Off 4th Floor Apartment in Wangsa Maju
A young boy was thrown off the third floor at an apartment building in Danau Kota by his stepfather, which...
Indonesia Narrowly Rejects Controversial Law Forcing Citizens To Turn In LGBT Family Members
The Indonesian House of Representatives narrowly turned down a controversial bill last week proposed by the Republic’s Prosperous Justice Party...
NHS Misinforms Thousands in The UK That They Have Covid-19 After Lab Error
More than 1,300 people were wrongfully told that the were Covid-19 positive after an issue with a batch of testing...
Former North Korean Gymnast Makes An Escape By Pole Vaulting Over Border
Earlier this month, A North Korean man seeking freedom by escaping his homeland took a 12-foot leap over the border...
Covid-19 Screening And Emergency Treatment Tents In Kulim Hospital Hit By Flash Floods
Several temporary tents set up for the Covid-19 screening test as well as emergency screening at the front of the...
Social Stories21 hours ago
M’sians Bid On Special Nike Air Jordans, Johor Police Say It’s A Case Item & Not For Sale
Social Stories23 hours ago
Indonesian Child Rapist Whipped 146 Times In Public, Collapses & Begs For Mercy
Social Stories14 hours ago
Pictures Show Large Crowds Outside Pavillion KL Despite Upsurge in Covid-19 Cases
Social Stories21 hours ago
Retrenched Pilot Opens Burger Shop Because He Misses Oman Burgers