fbpx
Connect with us

Social Stories

Man Accidentally Cuts Finger While Handling Prawns, Gets Deadly Infection & Dies 3 Days Later

Published

Man Accidentally Cuts Finger While Handling Prawns, Gets Deadly Infection &Amp; Dies 3 Days Later - World Of Buzz 3
Source: The Epoch Times & WikiHow

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Prawns and other seafood have always been popular and a lot of it doesn’t come cheap either. However, if you’re preparing the seafood yourself, do make sure that you handle them with care because there might be dangerous bacteria lurking on the seafood that can be fatal.

Man Accidentally Cuts Finger While Handling Prawns, Gets Deadly Infection &Amp; Dies 3 Days Later - World Of Buzz

Source: wikihow

A man in his sixties in Hangzhou had accidentally cut his finger on the shells of some shrimps and died a few days after that as he got infected with some deadly bacteria, QQ reported. The man, identified as Wang, had arrived in the hospital unconscious and in a state of shock.

His right leg was also swollen with an excessive accumulation of fluid and covered with bruises. Further checks showed that multiple organs were failing and the man was transferred to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) for treatment. His family was puzzled as Wang had suddenly gotten a fever and fallen into a coma but did not know the reason for his sudden illness.

Man Accidentally Cuts Finger While Handling Prawns, Gets Deadly Infection &Amp; Dies 3 Days Later - World Of Buzz 1

Source: perfecte

The doctor questioned the family and discovered that three days ago, Wang had gone to the market to buy prawns. During this time, he had accidentally cut his finger on the prawn shells and the doctor remembered that there could be deadly bacteria on shellfish.

He quickly checked Wang’s condition and confirmed that he was infected by Vibrio vulnificus, a rare but deadly bacteria that has a high fatality rate. It is an extremely virulent bacterium that can cause acute gastroenteritis by eating raw or undercooked shellfish, necrotising wound infections that enter through injured skin or invasive sepsis which can lead to death.

Man Accidentally Cuts Finger While Handling Prawns, Gets Deadly Infection &Amp; Dies 3 Days Later - World Of Buzz 2

Source: daily mail

They tried to treat the man with a combination of three antibiotics but his condition worsened, with lots of skin lesions appearing on his right leg and the muscle tissue rapidly necrotised. Unfortunately, after three days of treatment, he succumbed to the infection and passed away.

The doctor reminded the public that they should be careful when handling shellfish because they can carry various germs and bacteria. Once you got cut or injured when handling shellfish, you should always clean and disinfect the wound promptly before it deteriorates further. If other symptoms such as fever, blisters and sores appear then you should visit a doctor immediately.

This is not the first time that this has happened and can be very deadly! Be careful and remember to disinfect any wounds from shellfish!

 

Also read: Woman Suffers Organ Failure & Dies After Accidentally Cutting Finger While Cleaning Prawns

Woman Suffers Organ Failure And Dies After Accidentally Cutting Finger When Cleaning Shrimps - World Of Buzz 4


Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

My Post 2022 07 04T182304.718 My Post 2022 07 04T182304.718
News14 hours ago

M’sian Arrested After Killing Wife & 3mo Son & Fleeing Naked On A Motorcycle

A father was stunned to see his daughter and grandson covered in blood and lifeless after being stabbed in the...

Collage 1 Collage 1
News20 hours ago

M’sian Modifies His Nissan Skyline R32 Into A Police Car For Automotive Exhibition, PDRM Investigates

Creativity knows no bounds, but sometimes, we must have certain boundaries while being creative in order to avoid disappointing certain...

My Post 2022 07 04T110713.231 My Post 2022 07 04T110713.231
News21 hours ago

WATCH: Motorcyclist Allegedly Sniffs Glue While Riding Without Helmet & Number Plate

The Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM) is currently looking for a man who is shown in a viral video riding a...

Inflation Fgt Inflation Fgt
News2 days ago

PM: M’sia Has Low Inflation Rate Compared To Other Countries

According to Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob, the rise in living costs happens not only in Malaysia but worldwide, and...

Feat Image Traveller Pass Mysejahtera Ons Feat Image Traveller Pass Mysejahtera Ons
News3 days ago

KJ: MySejahtera’s Traveller Pass No Longer Needed For M’sians Returning Home Starting 4 July

Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin has announced that the requirement for Malaysians coming back to the country from overseas to complete...

Feat Image Pre 20 Feat Image Pre 20
News3 days ago

Tourism Minister: M’sians Can Redeem Up To RM100 E-Vouchers To Purchase Domestic Flight Tickets

Tourism, Arts and Culture Minister Datuk Seri Nancy Shukri yesterday announced that five airlines are offering e-vouchers valued between RM25...

Cannabis Infused Food Thailand 1 Cannabis Infused Food Thailand 1
News5 days ago

Minister Urges M’sians To Not Consume Cannabis-Infused Food & Drinks In Thailand

Many Malaysians and Singaporeans love to go to Thailand for short vacays as it is cheap and nearby. Recently, Thailand...

My Post 2022 06 30T111452.423 My Post 2022 06 30T111452.423
News5 days ago

M’sian Couple Gets Into Accident & Steals Road User’s Car To Flee, Leaving Their Son’s Body Behind

After getting into an accident on Jalan Sungai Kelamah-Jelai-Gemas, Negeri Sembilan, a couple decided to leave the body of their...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY