Connect with us

News

High Court Orders Home Ministry to Return 172 Seized ‘Pride Watches’ to Swatch, Says Seizure Was Illegal

Published

Collage 3 4
Source: BERNAMA & Options the Edge

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Last year, The Swatch Group (Malaysia) took legal action to challenge the Home Ministry after they seized 172 watches, including the ‘Pride Collection,’ which were said to be linked to the LGBTQ community.

Today (November 25), the Home Ministry (KDN) said they respect the High Court’s decision to order the return of all 172 seized watches to The Swatch Group (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd.

Swatch Pride

“If that’s the court’s decision, the Ministry must respect it”

At a press conference, Home Minister Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail said he’d need to get the full report on the judgment first.

He explained that when the case happened, the ministry acted according to the law at the time, and the enforcement team did what was considered appropriate.

However, he noted that if the action is challenged in court and a ruling is made, the ministry must respect it, as disregarding the decision would amount to contempt of court.

Swatch3

Swatch4

“Seizure of the Pride watches was illegal”

Earlier, BERNAMA reported that Kuala Lumpur High Court Judge Datuk Amarjeet Singh made the call after approving The Swatch Group (Malaysia)’s judicial review application against the Home Ministry’s secretary-general, the secretary of the Home Ministry Enforcement Division, the Home Minister, and the Malaysian Government as the 1st to 4th respondents.

Amarjeet also ruled in favour of the applicant’s request to cancel the seizure notice, saying the seizure took place without a warrant and was illegal.

Saifuddin20Ismail20 20241016184708 Bernama 0 E1732518073653

What are your thoughts on this? Let us know down in the comments!

 

Also read: KL High Court Rules That Swatch Can Challenge Their Pride Watch Seizure Through a Judicial Review

My Post 1 2023 08 30T101847.346

Source: BERNAMA

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Ktmft Ktmft
News13 hours ago

KTMB Stops Man Attempting to Steal 250m of Cable Tracks in Johor, Bags of Cable Cutting Tools Seized

Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad (KTMB) successfully foiled an attempt to steal approximately 250 metres of cable along the Kempas Baru–Kulai...

Motorft Motorft
News17 hours ago

3 Malaysian Motorcyclists Arrested for Performing Dangerous Stunts on KL–Seremban Highway

Lying face‑down on a motorcycle in a “Superman” pose and weaving zig‑zag between vehicles were among the dangerous stunts performed...

Arrestft Arrestft
News20 hours ago

Thai Police Go Undercover in Lion Dance Costume to Arrest Thief Who Stole ~RM249k in Artefacts

Thai police pulled off an unconventional arrest during Chinese New Year celebrations this week, after slipping into a lion dance...

Stabft1 Stabft1
News20 hours ago

Woman in Her 50s Arrested for Allegedly Stabbing Mother with Can Opener in Kuala Pilah

An elderly woman was injured in the neck after being stabbed by her own daughter in an incident at Kampung...

Dd Ft 14 Dd Ft 14
News2 days ago

PMX Personally Delivers Aid to Banting Fire Victims, Including Family of 3yo Who Perished

A massive fire that broke out on 6 February destroyed about 90% of three houses in Banting, Selangor. As previously...

Collage 57 Collage 57
News3 days ago

“No-trading zone” – DBKL Seizes Goods from Illegal Vendors ‘Tainting’ Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad View

It did not take long for Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) to take action against the illegal vendors dominating Dataran...

My Post 1 2026 02 18T123135.779 My Post 1 2026 02 18T123135.779
News4 days ago

“Ensuring public safety” – DBKL Clarifies ‘Dakwah’ Stall Closure, Claims NGO Official Never Appeared

Earlier today, we reported that popular Malaysian preacher Firdaus Wong called out Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) for allegedly closing...

Collage 50 Collage 50
News5 days ago

28yo Drunk Porsche Driver Pleads Not Guilty to Causing Couple’s Death in Pahang, Released on RM10k Bail

A 28-year-old Porsche Cayenne driver pleaded not guilty in court yesterday (16 February) to a charge of driving under the...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY