As the vaccines have arrived in Malaysia, the government is trying their best to speed up the process of vaccination. On 24 February 2021, Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin will be vaccinated on a live broadcast and subsequently, Phase 1 of the vaccination will begin with frontliners.
Meanwhile, MySejahtera has also received its newest update which includes the registration for vaccination.
We tested it out on a mixture of Android and iOS users and all of us were able to update our MySejahtera which added the “Covid-19 Vaccination” icon.
When you press the icon, it will bring you to a page with 3 options:
- Vaccine for (your name here)
- Vaksin Covid website
- Covid-19 Vaccine Information
By pressing on the Covid-19 Vaccine Information, you will be able to access the information sheet, FAQS, and the Vaccine Consent Form.
If you pressed on the first option [Vaccine for (your name here)], you will be asked to verify your details.
By proceeding, you will be informed that they are currently in Phase 1 of the vaccination program which is for the frontliners. You can also provide extra information.
The government aims to vaccinate up to 80% of the adult Malaysian population by February 2022. The vaccination will be carried out in different phases targeting different groups of people.
- Phase 1 (February – April 2021) for 500,000 frontline and essential workers,
- Phase 2 (April – August 2021) for 9.3 million people that are above the age of 60 and/or those deemed high risk,
- Phase 3 (May 2021 – February 2022) for 13.7 million people who are above 18.