Connect with us

Social Stories

Here’s How You Can Replace Your Damaged IC Online With These Simple Steps!



Source: WOB

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Our blue IC is one of the things that we must always bring with us no matter where we go. However, when we take it out and slot it in again from our wallets and purses, there will be inevitably some wear and tear. The lamination on the card may come off, there may be chips on the corners or there might be something wrong with the chip.

With the ongoing pandemic and the general hassle of taking time out to go to government offices, we’ve found a hassle-free way for you to change your ICs online! Yes, you read that right.

First things first, you must register yourself on the MyGovernment website. After you have completed the registration and the verification, you can start applying for your replacement IC through this website from Monday to Friday (8am to 4.30pm). The application site is closed on weekends and public holidays. 

Only four types of replacements can be done online and they are:

  • Replacement for physical damage on IC
  • Replacement for damaged chip
  • Normal replacement
  • First time replacement (due to negligence)

Once you have completed the forms as needed, you can pay for them with your debit or credit card. The collection time for your new IC is dependent on which collection office you choose.

  • After 30 minutes at the JPN HQ in Putrajaya, State HQs and all UTC branches
  • After five working days in JPN branches in Semenanjung Malaysia
  • After seven working days at JPN Branches in Sabah and Sarawak

Other than that, 12-year-olds can also apply for their first ICs online. You can do that by registering the child on the MyGovernment website. Using the same details, you can log in to the application site here and start filling in all the required information.

Once you have confirmed and sent in all of the information, a slip will be displayed and you will need to print that out and bring it with you during your JPN appointment at the location and time that you have chosen. You will need to bring additional documents such as their birth certificate, parents’ IC, utility bill (for proof of address) and other relevant documents. Check out the complete manual here!

Things have certainly gotten much easier as compared to back in the days!


Also read: Moved To A New Place? Make Sure To Change Your IC Address If It’s Been More Than 90 Days!

Source: WOB
Source: WOB

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Just In


Latest Videos