After announcing the RM100 eWallet credit initiative to all Malaysians aged 21 and above earning RM100,000 and below annually back in July, the Federal Government has finally announced full details of the programme, which is now named eMADANI.
As announced by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim yesterday (29 November), eligible Malaysians can claim the RM100 eWallet credit starting next Monday (4 December) at 8am until 11.59pm on 20 February 2024.
Furthermore, the Finance Ministry has taken to its official Facebook page to reveal the 4 participating eWallet platforms for the eMADANI programme and how to claim the RM100 credit.
Accordingly, the participating eWallet platforms are MAE, Setel, ShopeePay and Touch ‘n Go (TNG) eWallet.
Before we delve into how to claim the eMADANI RM100 credit, here are some things you should take note of regarding the programme.
Firstly, the RM100 eWallet credit can only be used for physical transactions at 1.8 million vendors/businesses through your eWallet platform of choice. You can’t utilise the eWallet credit for the following:
- Peer-to-peer transfer
- Cash redemption
- Payment of utility bills via any eWallet applications
- Government-related fees integrated with eWallet applications
- Telco postpaid and prepaid bills integrated with eWallet applications
- Purchase of online games integrated with eWallet applications
- Parking or toll payments
- Investment-related activities integrated with eWallet applications
- E-commerce or other online transactions
Besides that, you must utilise the eWallet credit by 11.59pm on 29 February 2024 or the balance will be forfeit.
How to claim the RM100 eMADANI credit
Okay, with that out of the way, here’s how to claim your RM100 eMADANI credit:
- Download your preferred eWallet platform from the 4 choices
- Follow the instructions by the eWallet platform on their application
- Verify your identity electronically through Know-Your-Customer on the application
- Key in the required details and press ‘Send’
- You will then be notified if your claim is successful
In lieu of the above, all 4 participating eWallet platforms have also updated details on their application on how to redeem the RM100 eMADANI credit below:
Awesome! So, what do you guys think of the eMADANI programme? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!