Connect with us

News

Health DG: MCO Unlikely To Extend Past 4 February, CMCO Could Take Place For Next 3 Months

Published

Page 16
Source: Utusan & The Edge Markets

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

The government has no intention of extending the MCO past 4 February, said Health Director-General, Dr Noor Hisham during a media briefing held by the Ministry of Health yesterday (25 January).

Noor Hisham Baru Resize

The extension of the MCO past its intended four-week period could lead to detrimental effects on the country’s economic standing. “We do not want to extend the MCO because this will affect our economy. So we must strike a balance between maintaining our economy and health,” he said in a statement recorded by The Edge Markets.

He added that while the MCO is intended to end on 4 February, the country will move forward under a CMCO (Conditional Movement Control Order).

“If we have the MCO for four weeks until early February, it will be replaced with the CMCO for the next three months. Following this trend, it is estimated that by May, we will be able to lower the daily infection rate back to two digits,” said the Health D-G, as reported by Berita Harian.

Mco Jan2021 0

The MCO was initially implemented on 13 January in most states and was expected to end after two weeks on 26 January before it was extended across all states in Malaysia, excluding Sarawak, till 4 February.

Yesterday, the number of Covid-19 cases stood at 3,048, a slight decrease from the 3,346 cases reported on Sunday.

Previously, the nation was sent into a frenzy when speculations that a more tightly regulated MCO would be implemented after a letter from the European Chamber of Commerce and Industry (EuroCham) to its members revealed that the government might impose an economic lockdown if Covid-19 cases in the country don’t decrease. However, a statement was later released by EuroCham to clarify that this was an unofficial discussion.

What do you guys think of this? 

 

Also read: “It’s an unofficial discussion” EuroCham Denies Claims of Economic Lockdown If Covid-19 Cases Don’t Decrease

Page 14

Source: Utusan

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Collage 17 Collage 17
News4 days ago

“Sg Buloh Prison is overcrowded” – Lawyer Urges Court to Release Trio Who Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery on Bail

Three men accused of assaulting a long-haired man at a bak kut teh shop in Kepong were charged in the...

Collage 2 2 Collage 2 2
News4 days ago

“Shoot them if they evade arrest” – Kedah MB Urges Extreme Measures Against Langkawi Drug Syndicate

Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor has urged police to take firm, and even “extreme”, measures to...

Collage 15 Collage 15
News5 days ago

Jho Low Seeks Presidential Pardon from Donald Trump to Drop His 1MDB Criminal Charges in the US

Fugitive Malaysian businessman Low Taek Jho, better known as Jho Low, has reportedly applied for a presidential pardon from former...

Collage 14 Collage 14
News6 days ago

19yo M’sian Student Charged with Murder of Woman Found with 61 Stab Wounds, Faces Death Penalty

A college student has been charged at the Kota Bharu Magistrate’s Court today with the murder of 19-year-old Nurfisya Zulkifly...

Collage 13 Collage 13
News6 days ago

PDRM: Several Individuals, Believed to be Drunk, Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery for ‘Glaring’ at Them

A man was assaulted by a group of individuals after reportedly looking in their direction while dining at a restaurant...

Collage 11 Collage 11
News1 week ago

PDRM: 11yo Student Who Fell from Melaka School Was Retrieving Peer’s Shoe He Had Thrown on Awning

Police have confirmed that an incident involving a Standard 5 male student, who was injured after falling from a garage...

Collage 9 Collage 9
News2 weeks ago

11yo Falls From Melaka School Building While Retrieving Shoe Allegedly Thrown Onto Awning by a Peer

A Standard Five male student from a primary school in Batu Berendam, Melaka, was injured after falling from the first-floor...

Dd Ft 17 Dd Ft 17
News2 weeks ago

“I forgive him” – Father of 8yo Girl Fatally Struck Near Johor School Urges Public Not to Blame Van Driver

An 8-year-old student was fatally struck in front of Sekolah Kebangsaan (SK) Seri Maimon in Parit Sulong, Batu Pahat, Johor,...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY