Connect with us

News

Five PH Candidates Disqualified Even Before GE14 Battle Officially Began

Published

Five Ph Candidates Disqualified Even Before Ge14 Battle Officially Begins - World Of Buzz 7
Source: NST

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Tensions ran high during the nomination day for GE14, which is today (April 28) as candidates from all sorts of political parties submitted their names. The Star reported that a total of 11 candidates were disqualified from contesting due to various reasons, when the nominations ended at 10am. Among these 11 people, five of them are from Pakatan Harapan (PH) as they have lost these seats before the fight could even begin.

 

1. Chua Tian Chang (Tian Chua), Batu, Parti Keadilan Rakyat

Five Ph Candidates Disqualified Even Before Ge14 Battle Officially Begins - World Of Buzz

Source: nst

This is probably the most high profile disqualification that happened today, as the PKR vice president was rejected due to a mere RM2,000 fine. He was issued with the fine by the Shah Alam High Court last month. However, the parliamentary constituency’s incumbent was slapped with a similar fine in 2010 but his nomination was still accepted then. Tian Chua says he will consult his legal advisers for the next course of action and the Election Commission (EC) has answered that he can file a petition with the court.

 

2. Pizi Jihat, Bukit Pasir, Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia

Five Ph Candidates Disqualified Even Before Ge14 Battle Officially Begins - World Of Buzz 1

Source: kosmo

He was supposed to contest in this Johor state seat but his nomination papers were rejected by the returning officer, Malaysiakini reported. A devastated Pizi said that it was a “technicality” as he had already resolved the issue before nomination day and checked his status. He had even brought proof along to show that he was cleared but the returning officer said that that the latest check stated that he was still a bankrupt. Pizi said that he will be seeking legal redress as well.

 

3. Yaakob Osman, Penaga, Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia

Five Ph Candidates Disqualified Even Before Ge14 Battle Officially Begins - World Of Buzz 2

Source: nst

Another Pribumi candidate, Yaakob Osman was disqualified for bankruptcy as well after the returning officer said that he was still shown as a bankrupt. The 53-year-old has denied these claims, saying that he had made a check with the Insolvency Department last week and yesterday. He was called to the candidates’ registration counter 10 minutes before the candidates are supposed to be announced.

“There were no issues and I have not been summoned by anyone or declared bankrupt. The election commission has decided, nothing can be done. I will look into this issue,” he said.

 

4. Dr Mohd Hafidz Rizal Amran, Kuala Balah, Parti Keadilan Rakyat

PKR candidate Dr Mohd Hafidz Rizal Amran had high hopes of contesting in the Kuala Balah state seat but was disqualified. He declined to comment but it is believed that the grounds for rejection is because he is a bankrupt although the returning officer did not elaborate.

 

5. Mohd Azihan Che Seman, Tawang, Parti Keadilan Rakyat

Five Ph Candidates Disqualified Even Before Ge14 Battle Officially Begins - World Of Buzz 4

Source: utusan

For Mohd Azihan, the reason for his disqualification was a little different. Apparently, he could not contest in the Kelantan state seat as the address for his identity card was not in Kelantan. This is one of the condition for candidates who wish to run for a state seat there.

 

Barisan Nasional wins Rantau

Five Ph Candidates Disqualified Even Before Ge14 Battle Officially Begins - World Of Buzz 5

Source: nst

Barisan Nasional has nabbed their first victory in the mother of all elections as the incumbent Negeri Sembilan menteri besar Mohamad Hasan was declared the winner today as the seat was unopposed. PKR’s Dr S Streram who was supposed to contest against him was denied admission into the nomination centre. 

Five Ph Candidates Disqualified Even Before Ge14 Battle Officially Begins - World Of Buzz 6

Source: nst

It was reported that he did not bring his EC pass so he could not enter. However, it was alleged that the Negeri Sembilan Election Commission director told the returning officer to let him in at 9.30am but the officer kept delaying him until 10.03am. By that time, it was already too late as the deadline had passed and the nomination was rejected.

This GE14, please do your duty as a responsible Malaysian and vote wisely!

 

Also read: Najib: No More Chinese Ministers If M’sian Chinese Don’t Support BN in GE14

Pm Najib Says No More Chinese Ministers If M'sian Chinese Don't Support Bn - World Of Buzz

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Collage 24 Collage 24
News7 hours ago

Plot Twist: ASEAN Records Exposes Fake Letter & Unregistered NGO After Allegations Go Viral

The Malaysia-based private record recognition platform found itself at the centre of controversy after a letter allegedly from the ASEAN...

Dd Ft 7 Dd Ft 7
News10 hours ago

Married 42yo Seremban Teacher Charged with Grooming & Sexually Abusing Her 14yo Student Under Tree, In House

A 42-year-old Malaysian teacher has pleaded not guilty to five counts of sexual offences against her 14-year-old male student. Nurul...

Collage 26 Collage 26
News11 hours ago

“They are brave individuals” – All 29 Malaysian Global Sumud Flotilla Activists Have Been Kidnapped by Israel

Hope that humanitarian aid would finally reach the people of Gaza appeared to collapse on Tuesday night (19 May) after...

Dd Ft 6 Dd Ft 6
News13 hours ago

M’sian Woman in Her 80s Drives Against Traffic on PJ Highway While Trying to Find Exit, Gets Arrested

A video of a vehicle driving against the flow of traffic at KM10.8 of the Damansara-Shah Alam Elevated Expressway (DASH)...

Collage 25 Collage 25
News13 hours ago

“Unintentional mistake” – Health Dept Apologises & Clarifies Chinese-Language Dengue Card at KL Govt Clinic

The Federal Territories Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya Health Department (JKWPKL&P) has issued an apology following controversy surrounding the use of...

Dd Ft 5 Dd Ft 5
News1 day ago

Melaka Teens as Young as 14 Assault & Strangle Female E-Hailing Driver After Failing to Pay Ride Fare

A female e-hailing driver went through a terrifying ordeal after being beaten by a group of passengers who were suspected...

Dd Ft 3 Dd Ft 3
News2 days ago

MARA Chairman Slams Netizens for Belittling Cadet Pilot Programme Prioritising Tahfiz Students

Recently, Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) announced its decision to offer Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Tahfiz students the opportunity...

Collage 17 Collage 17
News6 days ago

“Sg Buloh Prison is overcrowded” – Lawyer Urges Court to Release Trio Who Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery on Bail

Three men accused of assaulting a long-haired man at a bak kut teh shop in Kepong were charged in the...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY