Have you ever found things that should not be in your food? An Indonesian woman made a terrifying discovery when she found a ridiculous amount of plastic objects inside a fish’s stomach when it was supposed to be used for a dish, New Straits Times reported.
Anna Nurjanah recorded the whole thing in a video after she purchased the mahi-mahi fish in May from a market in the West Java area.
According to Anna, her domestic helper was cleaning the fish for cooking when he called for her to take a look at the contents of the fish’s stomach. He had noticed that the fish’s stomach looked unusual.
The two of them were shocked to discover 8 plastic objects in the stomach of the fish. Among the plastic items were an entire spoon and a candy bar wrapper.
They also identified a deodoriser lid, a lengthy strap of plastic and other little plastic pieces.
Anna is a housewife and also an environmental activist. She originally posted the footage on her Instagram account, known as Volunteersindo, on 28th May, and it has since gone viral.
Mahi-mahi are normally found in the seas and oceans throughout the equator. They usually live near the surface of the sea, and they consume algae that floats on the surface of the water, though they do eat other smaller fishes as well. Since they roam at the surface of the sea, the mahi-mahi are more likely to consume plastic after mistaking it food.
Seas all over the world are becoming severely polluted, and we should not throw rubbish into rivers or seas as it is dangerous to both humans and all sea creatures. We should all work together to reduce the use of plastic so that the sea is a much healthier and cleaner place for the aquatic animals, and in doing so, we might even save ourselves.
Watch the video here:
Study: Masks Prevented Major Coronavirus Outbreak At Hair Salon
Two US hairstylists who wore masks while infected with the coronavirus did not pass on COVID-19 to nearly 140 clients...
These 9 Cosmetics Products Are Banned By MOH As They Contain Poisonous Ingredients
The Ministry of Health Malaysia and the National Pharmaceutical Regulatory Agency (NPRA) has warned the public to refrain from purchasing...
Teenage Boy Dies of The Plague in Mongolia
A 15-year-old boy has died from the bubonic plague in Mongolia, health authorities said Tuesday (14th July), one of a...
Foreigner Without Driving Licence Goes Into Opposite Lane & Kills Lady in Penang
A Bangladeshi man who did not have a driving licence killed a Malaysian woman while driving on Jalan Baru, Batu...
Parliament Members Called Out For Not Wearing Masks During Dewan Rakyat Meeting
The Covid-19 virus is still considerably freshly lingering around and could come back stronger at any moment, which is why...
- Current Affairs15 hours ago
15-year-old Student Faints & Dies On First Day Back To School in Bandar Tun Razak
- Events & Places14 hours ago
Japanese Discount Store Don Don Donki Will Be Opening Their First M’sian Outlet In Lot 10!
- Current Affairs14 hours ago
S’pore Researchers Discover A Supergiant Deep Sea Cockroach & We Don’t Know How To Feel
- News14 hours ago
“Sausage Is Not Real Meat”, MOH Urges Public To Reduce Sausage Intake