Connect with us

News

“I had a feeling that he was involved” – Ex 1MDB Chairman Says That Najib Ignored His Text About Scandal

Published

Ft Najib
Source: Utusan & The Straits Times

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Several court cases relating to the involvement of certain individuals in the misappropriation of the 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) fund has revealed a few interesting findings.

This revelations included the amount of money allegedly deposited into personal bank accounts as well as the amount of money spent using money from the funds.

Recently, former chairman of 1MDB Tan Sri Mohd Bakke Salleh who resigned as in 2009 as a sign of protest said that he had suspicions that something wrong was going on at the company.

According to Utusan, yesterday (9 May), Bakke testified as the 15th prosecution witness in former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s trial over the alleged misappropriation of 1MDB funds.

Bakke

 

During the proceedings, Bakke revealed that he suspected that Najib was involved in 1MDB affairs and that either Najib or Jho Low had instructed for US$700 million (RM3.06 billion) out of US$1 billion (RM4.37 billion) to be transferred out without the 1MDB board’s knowledge or agreement.

He explained that he had personally prepared an official letter dated October 19, 2009 to inform Najib of his resignation as 1MDB chairman due to the refusal of the 1MDB management to follow the board’s instructions, and that no one had instructed him to resign.

“As a chairman, I resigned as a sign of protest and I did not want to be involved in any discussions and decisions regarding 1MDB.”

However, before sending in his resignation letter, Bakke said that he had first sent a text message to Najib to inform him of the 1MDB management’s failure to follow the 1MDB board’s instructions on several matters relating to a joint venture deal involving US$1 billion (RM4.37 billion) of 1MDB funds, but that Najib did not reply.

Najib4

 

“I did not receive any response from Najib. It did not cross my mind to report to any relevant authorities on the financial misconduct of the management of 1MDB because I assumed that I had already done so through my SMS sent to Najib,” he added.

“I hoped Najib will take necessary actions against the management of 1MDB if he found any misconduct on their part,” said Bakke.

“Since my concerns did not get Najib’s attention as he did not reply my SMS, I had a feeling that he was involved and something wrong was happening without my knowledge.

Bakke said that this was one of his main reasons which led him to decide to resign as Chairman and a member of 1MBD’s board of directors.

He then said that this was not the first time he had sent an SMS to Najib and that Najib would usually respond to his text messages hence, why he found it unusual when Najib did not respond that time.

 

What do you think of this? Let us know in the comments.

 

Also read: Federal Court Denies Claims That Chief Justice Agreed to Expedite Najib’s & Zahid’s Court Cases

Ft Court

Source: Utusan

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Dd Ft 3 Dd Ft 3
News11 hours ago

MARA Chairman Slams Netizens for Belittling Cadet Pilot Programme Prioritising Tahfiz Students

Recently, Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) announced its decision to offer Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Tahfiz students the opportunity...

Collage 17 Collage 17
News4 days ago

“Sg Buloh Prison is overcrowded” – Lawyer Urges Court to Release Trio Who Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery on Bail

Three men accused of assaulting a long-haired man at a bak kut teh shop in Kepong were charged in the...

Collage 2 2 Collage 2 2
News5 days ago

“Shoot them if they evade arrest” – Kedah MB Urges Extreme Measures Against Langkawi Drug Syndicate

Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor has urged police to take firm, and even “extreme”, measures to...

Collage 15 Collage 15
News5 days ago

Jho Low Seeks Presidential Pardon from Donald Trump to Drop His 1MDB Criminal Charges in the US

Fugitive Malaysian businessman Low Taek Jho, better known as Jho Low, has reportedly applied for a presidential pardon from former...

Collage 14 Collage 14
News6 days ago

19yo M’sian Student Charged with Murder of Woman Found with 61 Stab Wounds, Faces Death Penalty

A college student has been charged at the Kota Bharu Magistrate’s Court today with the murder of 19-year-old Nurfisya Zulkifly...

Collage 13 Collage 13
News7 days ago

PDRM: Several Individuals, Believed to be Drunk, Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery for ‘Glaring’ at Them

A man was assaulted by a group of individuals after reportedly looking in their direction while dining at a restaurant...

Collage 11 Collage 11
News1 week ago

PDRM: 11yo Student Who Fell from Melaka School Was Retrieving Peer’s Shoe He Had Thrown on Awning

Police have confirmed that an incident involving a Standard 5 male student, who was injured after falling from a garage...

Collage 9 Collage 9
News2 weeks ago

11yo Falls From Melaka School Building While Retrieving Shoe Allegedly Thrown Onto Awning by a Peer

A Standard Five male student from a primary school in Batu Berendam, Melaka, was injured after falling from the first-floor...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY