For most people, stomachache can be solved by a quick trip to the toilet. But for this lady, it’s not as simple.
In Northern India, a lady was rushed to hospital on January 2 after experiencing extreme abdominal pain and vomiting for over a month. Neha Begum, 22, from Chandauli, Uttar Pradesh was diagnosed with intestinal obstruction and immediately went into surgery.
According to Metro, The doctors had the shock of their lives when they saw the content in her stomach. A team of doctors in KG Nanda Hospital discovered 150 live worms wriggling in her stomach. And if that wasn’t bad enough, the worms were each 25 centimetres long.
Dr Anand Prakash Tiwari, a medic at the hospital, said:
“I was shocked. This was an extremely unusual case. We have come across cases with three or four earthworms but this is the first time we have come across such a huge number.”
The doctor said that Neha was lucky because the worms were discovered before they travelled to her brain which could cause severe neurological brain damage.
Earlier, Neha visited a few general physicians and they all sent her home with some painkillers.
“I was in extreme pain for weeks. It was awful. I suffered so many sleepless nights and I used to scream in pain and vomiting. But now it’s like I have a new life. I am very thankful to the doctors here for ending my problem,” said Neha.
According to Dr. Tiwari, the worms had formed in her body because of her unhygienic lifestyle.
“The eggs of such worms are usually found on green vegetables and in non purified water, which is why doctors always suggest that vegetables need to be thoroughly washed before being consumed, ” she said.
“Basic hygiene can avoid problems like these. These worms get into the bloodstream and then grow inside the body,” the doctor added.
So guys, clean your food thoroughly especially raw meat and vegetables because you won’t want worms wriggling inside your stomach.
I don’t know about you guys, but I’m definitely staying away from spaghetti at least for a while.
Minister Reminds Parents To Not Bring Their Kids To Shopping Malls Unless Necessary
At this point, everyone just stay home unless you realllyyy need to leave the house! Miri Divisional Disaster Management Committee...
USA: Fully-Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks In Most Places
Ever since the pandemic was declared, going out without a mask is seen as a crime with anti-maskers being ridiculed....
RM60,000 Worth Of Fines Issued At Penang Homestay For Violation Of SOPs During MCO 3.0
The owner of a homestay in Kepala Batas was fined RM20,000 while 10 customers were fined RM4,000 each for violating...
Diners in SG Will Be Fined Over RM900 If They Don’t Clean Their Tables At Hawker Centres Starting 1 Sept
Wonder when this will be implemented in Malaysia! Singapore’s National Environment Agency (NEA) issued a statement today (14 May) that...
S’pore Implements No Dine-In Order And 2 People Per Gathering With Less Than 50 Cases A Day
The government of Singapore has just implemented that dining-in is prohibited at eateries and hawker centres, allowing only takeaways and...
News14 hours ago
KL Woman Loses RM18,000 After Hacker Transfers Money From Her Bank Account Without OTP
Social Stories6 hours ago
Woman in China Flirts & Intertwines Fingers With Man After Knocking His Car In Accident
Social Stories14 hours ago
PAS Politician Deactivates Social Media Accounts After Netizens Find Gay Porn In His “Likes”
News14 hours ago
17yo Girl In Kedah Found Dead After Attending Private Party With 9 Others