We all grew up watching plenty of Hollywood movies. So much so that at one point or another, we wished some of the cool gadgets we saw on screen actually exist in real life. Well, we recently looked back at some Hollywood films we grew up watching and couldn’t help but wonder how much easier our lives would’ve been if we had these gadgets in our lives. From the iconic neuralyzer from Men In Black to the universal remote control from Click, here are 6 cool gadgets we all wish we had!
1. When you’re late for work every day but you don’t want your boss to notice
If you’re late to work every day, then one common problem you’re bound to face is trying to explain your failure of being on time to your boss. Malaysian timing mah. A gadget such as the iconic neuralyzer from Men In Black would be a God sent in a situation such as this, giving us the ability to erase any unwanted memory by just the push of a button.
Gadget: The neuralyzer from Men In Black.
2. When you’re too lazy to get out of bed in the morningYou know the drill, you hear your alarm go off in the morning and instead of getting out of bed, you hit the snooze button and doze off for another
Gadget: Universal remote control from Click.
3. When you have to attend a boring lecture just for the sake of attendanceOne gadget every college student confirm wish they had is the quick clone from Men In Black movies. As the name suggests, this allows agents to create clones of themselves. Think about all those boring lectures we didn’t have to attend just for the sake of attendance back in college!
Gadget: Quick Clone from Men In Black.
4. Trying to cram an entire semester’s syllabus the night before an examAnother thing most Malaysians who’ve been to college would surely relate to is that dreaded feeling of failing an exam which they didn’t study for. Yeah, I’m sure most of us have been there. To cope with this, we usually burn the midnight oil, trying our best not having to repeat an entire semester. But what if we could instantly learn an entire semester’s worth of content or pick up a new skill in an instant just like Keanu Reeves in the Matrix?
Sure, this is more of a machine rather than a gadget, but the thought of mastering something in a matter of seconds is simply too thought-provoking for us not to include in this list.
Gadget: The machine from the Matrix.
5. When you’re travelling to a country which doesn’t speak a language you understand
Imagine travelling the world not having to worry about how to get around because you can’t find a native English speaker. Well, with a universal translator such as those seen in popular Hollywood films such as Star Trek, Doctor Who, and The Hitchhiker’s’ Guide to the Galaxy, this wouldn’t be an issue!
It’s also worth noting that there are a few innovative inventions out there which resemble this gadget such as Travis.
Gadget: Universal Translator.
6. Getting stuck in KL’s rush hour trafficAny working millennial in KL can surely attest to the struggle of being stuck in a traffic jam during rush hour. I mean, there’s always something going on, be it a broken down car, accident, or some sakai forgetting to check his/her smart tag balance before going through the toll. You know the type.
At one point or another, some of us confirm would have wished if only flying cars such as the cool Lexus seen in the latest trailer of MIB: International actually exist in the real world.
If you haven’t heard already, Men In Black: International is coming to cinemas nationwide this 13 June.
This time around, the organisation’s latest recruit Agent M, played by Tessa Thompson, must team up with Agent H (Chris Hemsworth) to save the biggest threat to the agency, a mole within the organisation itself.
Unlike in previous films, this reboot takes the agents beyond New York to the streets of London to fight new aliens such as the villainous Twins, shape-shifting extra-terrestrials set to cause havoc.
Of course, it wouldn’t be a MIB film without hi-tech gadgets and weaponised weapons in it, so expect plenty of it in this one as well!
Here are a few we know so far:
- A Lexus RC F sports car which flies at the push of a button.
- A retro Jaguar which doubles as a weapon rack featuring mounted cannons.
- And the iconic neuralyzer!
With the amount of hi-tech gadgets and interesting villains seen in the trailer, it’s safe to say the film is going to be an action-packed one which is exactly what most fans of the franchise hoped for!
More information on Men In Black: International can be found on Sony Pictures Malaysia Facebook page.
What do YOU think of this list of gadgets though? Let us know in the comments below what are some other gadgets you wish you had. We’d love to hear from all of you!
Najib Postpones Trip To Singapore To Help UMNO With Melaka State Elections In Zahid’s Absence
Datuk Seri Najib Razak has postponed his trip to Singapore so that he can help UMNO in the Melaka State...
Still Riding E-Scooters On The Road? Then Get Ready To Be Fined Up To RM1,000 Or Jailed For 3 Months
Just recently, the Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM) had prohibited any cycling activities on the highway without approval from the Malaysian...
Sultan Of Johor Disappointed In Residents Who Threw Rubbish In Drains & Rivers Causing Flood
The Sultan of Johor, Ibrahim Ismail Ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar Al-Haj, has expressed disappointment with the people in the community...
KJ: 80% Of Adolescents In M’sia Have Received 1 Dose Of The Vaccine In Less Than 2 Months
Back in August, teenagers aged 12-17 started receiving their Covid-19 vaccines following the revised recommendation from the Health Director-General Dr Noor...
Almost 1,000 People In Melaka Affected By The Flood After 4-Hour Downpour
The monsoon season is expected to begin in November and is forecasted to last until March 2022. However, episodes of...
Thousands Of South Korean Union Workers Dressed In ‘Squid Game’ Costumes Rally For Job Security
The Squid Game hype looks like it is here to stay, and has already impacted the world in a variety...
M’sian Researchers From UniSZA Create One Of The First Apps to Help Rehabilitate Drug Addicts
Malaysia over the past few months has seen numerous amounts of accidents which were caused by drivers who were high...
MACC Officers Run Out Of Courthouse To Avoid Media After Being Charged With Corruption
Two Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) officers ran out of the Sessions Court, allegedly to avoid media personnel, after being charged...
News7 hours ago
Lorry Squeezes Through Narrow Lane In Putrajaya & Collides With 10 Cars Parked On The Road
News7 hours ago
KJ: Fully Vaccinated Elderly Who Received Sinovac Will Get Pfizer Booster Shots
News23 hours ago
“We don’t want to be left out” Malaysia Aims To Reopen Borders To International Tourists In November
News24 hours ago
MOH Will Be Increasing Enforcement At Food Premises To Ensure Smoking Ban Is Upheld