A lot of us got our wanderlust crushed as Covid-19 hit the globe. So, the only thing we can do is request for our money back for these cancelled trips.
If you’re not sure how to do so, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! We’ve listed some of the top 10 most popular brands, so you can quickly find out how to request for a refund or credit for your next trip!
You can choose from 3 options:
i) Converting it into credit (credit has 2 year validity!)
ii) Changing flight date without additional charges to any date before 31 October 2020
- Chat with AVA by clicking on her icon on the bottom right corner here
- Select “COVID-19 Flight Changes”
- Select either “ AirAsia Cancelled my Flight ” OR “ I want to change / cancel my flight ” .
- Select “Credit Account”
- Confirm that your booking to your Member Account before proceeding and click “Credit Account Request” to proceed.
- Validate your booking by providing your details
iii) Monetary refund
- Chat with AVA by clicking on her icon on the bottom right corner here
- Send ‘Refund’ then select “AirAsia New Refund Request”
- Choose the reason for wanting the refund
- Send in your details as asked by AVA
- Get connected to fellow Allstar and ask for refund
2. Malaysia Airlines
You’re eligible for a refund if tickets were purchased on or before 30 June.
You can choose between 3 options:
i) Rebook flight by 31 December 2020 and travel by 30 June 2021.
- Travellers can make unlimited changes to travel dates and destination with no change fees being applied.
ii) Converting it into a travel voucher
- Travellers can make bookings by 31 December 2020 and travel by 30 June 2021.
Malindo refunds the tickets in the form of travel vouchers. Here are some notes to remember:
- Cancellation must be made at least 72 hours before scheduled departure
- Eligibility for free cancellation are for tickets bought before 11 May and has a travel date until 10 June to and from Malaysia
For other countries, you may refer here.
- Travel voucher is valid for 12 months from date of voucher is issued
- Fare difference for next booking applies
- Submit refund request here
- Refunds will take approximately 30-60 days
If you have booked tickets before 31 August to travel any time before 30 November, you’re eligible to change your flight for free.
Here are 3 options for you to choose from:
i) Refund in credit
Etihad will refund your ticket value in credit, and ON TOP of that, gives you extra credits and 5,000 guest miles for your next trip.
- Request refund here
- It should be deposited in your account within 30 days
- You’ll get a confirmation email about the refund
- You’ll be able to use those credits for the next 2 years for flights, upgrades, and extras.
ii) Rebook your flight to travel before 31 October 2021
You can rebook your trip before 30 November 2020 to ANY destination in Etihad’s network and there’s no extra charges to the change.
Fare difference is waived if you travel within the same zone before 30 September 2020. You can request it in ‘contact us’ via these channels.
iii) Keep your ticket open
If your flight is cancelled, you can just keep your ticket open till 31 December 2021 – meaning you can rebook to the same destination at any time!
However, if you have not used your ticket for 12 months, you’re entitled for a refund. You can request it via these channels.
There are 2 options to choose from:
i) Keep ticket open
- Ticket will be valid for up to 2 years (24 months) from date of original booking
- You can rebook ticket for any flight to the same destination/region
- Emirates will waive price difference
ii) Refund as travel voucher
- Travel vouchers are the same value of your booking
- Travel vouchers are valid for one year from the date stated and can be extended for another year.
- Travel voucher can be used throughout the year for multiple transactions (up to its value).
- Should you be unable to utilise the full value of your travel voucher within 12 months from the date it was issued, you will be entitled to a refund of the unutilised amount or be able to extend the voucher for another year.
- Request for refund here.
- You will receive a confirmation email after travel voucher is issued.
6. Cathay Pacific
There are 3 options you can choose from:
i) Refund as credits
- You’re eligible if tickets are booked before 24 March
- Original travel period is 17 March – 31 July
- Apply for credit refund by 31 December
- Travel credit is valid till 30 June 2021
- Fare differences may apply
You can apply for credit here.
ii) Rebook your flight
You can make unlimited changed to the booking with no extra charges.
- If your ticket was issued before 24 March
You can rebook and travel any time until 30 June 2021 via ‘manage booking’ here
- If your ticket was issued from 9 March to 31 July
You can rebook and travel any time within 12 months after date of ticket issuance via ‘manage booking’ here
You are eligible for a refund if:
- Ticket booking period was before 24 March
- Travel period is 17 March – 31 July 2020
You can cancel and request for a refund via ‘manage booking’ here. Refund will take approximately 45 calendar days.
You can only make refunds currently if:
- You made the booking before March 14
- Check in date is March 14 – July 31
If the host cancels your trip, you don’t have to do anything and just wait for the refund.
If you want to cancel the trip, here are the steps:
- Go to Trips or click here
- Click on the trip you want to cancel, and tap on ‘show trip details’
- From the overview, click ‘show details’
- Click ‘change or cancel’
If your booking is after March 14, refund is not covered and the usual cancellation policy applies.
- Go to “My bookings” here
- Select “Edit booking”
- Check the “booking conditions” section to see if you’re eligible for refund
- Check if booking is eligible for a refund by managing your booking.
- To request for a refund, contact Customer Service Help Centre here.
- Go to My Trip page here.
- Submit cancel request form here.
- Cancel request will be confirmed to you via email.
- Or, contact customer support here.
For flights, you’re eligible if flight scheduled to return on or before 30 June.
For hotels, check if they’re available for free refund.
Flash Flood in Kedah Sweeps 8 Villages, Family Of 3 Washed Away by Floodwaters
On Monday (4th July), a flash flood in Baling, Kedah has entirely wiped out 8 villages, including 3 family members....
M’sian Arrested After Killing Wife & 3mo Son & Fleeing Naked On A Motorcycle
A father was stunned to see his daughter and grandson covered in blood and lifeless after being stabbed in the...
M’sian Modifies His Nissan Skyline R32 Into A Police Car For Automotive Exhibition, PDRM Investigates
Creativity knows no bounds, but sometimes, we must have certain boundaries while being creative in order to avoid disappointing certain...
WATCH: Motorcyclist Allegedly Sniffs Glue While Riding Without Helmet & Number Plate
The Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM) is currently looking for a man who is shown in a viral video riding a...
PM: M’sia Has Low Inflation Rate Compared To Other Countries
According to Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob, the rise in living costs happens not only in Malaysia but worldwide, and...
KJ: MySejahtera’s Traveller Pass No Longer Needed For M’sians Returning Home Starting 4 July
Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin has announced that the requirement for Malaysians coming back to the country from overseas to complete...
Tourism Minister: M’sians Can Redeem Up To RM100 E-Vouchers To Purchase Domestic Flight Tickets
Tourism, Arts and Culture Minister Datuk Seri Nancy Shukri yesterday announced that five airlines are offering e-vouchers valued between RM25...
Minister Urges M’sians To Not Consume Cannabis-Infused Food & Drinks In Thailand
Many Malaysians and Singaporeans love to go to Thailand for short vacays as it is cheap and nearby. Recently, Thailand...
Social Stories7 hours ago
M’sian Actress Criticized By Netizens For Wearing ‘Revealing’ Outfit
Social Stories10 hours ago
Woman In China Catches Cheating Husband In The Act & Smashes His Car Window With A Brick
Social Stories3 hours ago
Popular Bar In Klang Valley Gets Slammed For Unfair Treatment & Horrible Service
Social Stories9 hours ago
Alone For 50 Years, Kind Neighbour Takes Care Of Elderly Like His Own Grandma