fbpx
Connect with us

Social Stories

7yo Girl Suffers Multiple Organ Failure After Eating Black Fungus That Was Soaked for 48 Hours

Published

7Yo Girl Suffers Multiple Organ Failure After Eating Black Fungus Soaked For 48 Hours - World Of Buzz 2
Source: YouTube & China Press

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

We have got to be really careful about what we eat and how we store our food, guys!

As a result of eating food that was prepared improperly, a little seven-year-old girl from Hangzhou, Zhejiang in China is suffering from multiple organ failure. 

7Yo Girl Suffers Multiple Organ Failure After Eating Black Fungus Cold Salad - World Of Buzz

Source: et today

According to Apple Daily, the little girl, known as Wenwen, had eaten a type of cold black fungus (also known as wood ear) dish on July 27 along with her mother and her brother. The black fungus had been soaked in water out on the balcony for two days and two nights in preparation for the cold salad. 

The family ate the black fungus dish and Wenwen ate more of it as it was her favourite. Her younger brother did not really like it so he barely ate a few mouthfuls. However, the next day, the whole family of three suddenly experienced abdominal pain, vomiting, nausea, and dizziness.

7Yo Girl Suffers Multiple Organ Failure After Eating Black Fungus Soaked For 2 Days &Amp; Nights - World Of Buzz

Source: et today

All three of them were sent to the hospital for treatment where the doctors suspected that they were suffering from severe food poisoning. Out of the three of them, Wenwen showed the most severe symptoms as her liver started to fail and other organs started to show different degrees of damage as well. 

She was quickly transferred to the intensive care unit where the doctors tried to treat her. It was discovered that her blood showed the presence of toxins and they had to do blood transfusions for her four times from July 31 to August 8 to try and save the little girl’s life.

7Yo Girl Suffers Multiple Organ Failure After Eating Black Fungus Soaked For 48 Hours - World Of Buzz

Source: china press

Apparently, the doctors found that there was bongkrek acid caused by the production of Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteria in the black fungus. Since the mother and son did not eat as much as Wenwen, they were in less danger. Currently, the doctors said that although they were trying to treat her as best as they could, her chances did not look good due to her multiple organ failure. Oh no.

Ye Sheng, deputy director of the Children’s Intensive Care Unit of Zhejiang University Children’s Hospital explained that the cause of the poisoning was most probably because the black fungus had been soaked for too long, plus it was placed in an exposed environment.

7Yo Girl Suffers Multiple Organ Failure After Eating Black Fungus Soaked For 48 Hours - World Of Buzz 1

Source: ifeng

The warm and humid temperatures are conducive to the production of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in black fungus which poisoned Wenwen and her family. In case you are worried about eating black fungus now, Ye said that if you prepare it well, it is absolutely safe to eat.

He explained that one should not soak dried black fungus for more than two to three hours in the fridge and if you are buying fresh ones, make sure that it is not sticky, smelly, or slimy.

Make sure your food preparation is done safely!

 

Also read: Man Suffers Damage in 70cm of His Small Intestine After Eating Overnight Watermelon from Fridge

Man Has 70Cm Of Damaged Intestines After Eating Overnight Watermelon From Fridge - World Of Buzz 3

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Collage 35 Collage 35
News4 hours ago

Study: Kuala Lumpur is the 7th Hottest City in Southeast Asia

With recent news predicting an upcoming heatwave, it’s certainly got us feeling a certain kind of way. The scorching weather...

Collage 34 Collage 34
News8 hours ago

“It should at least be RM2.1k” – UNICEF Says RM1.5k Salary is Not Enough for Struggling Malaysians

As the cost of living continues to rise, expenses like housing, food, transportation, and healthcare get tougher. But with the...

My Post 3 2024 05 08T154702.283 My Post 3 2024 05 08T154702.283
News1 day ago

Ceiling Leak Causes Full On Waterfall at Wangsa Maju JPJ, Operations Still Up & Running

It’s no secret that those who have to run errands at government offices tend to have to wait around to...

Feat Image Thai Msia Feat Image Thai Msia
News1 day ago

Kedah MB: Not Many Thai Tourists Visit Malaysia Because Thais are Not Proficient in English or BM

It’s no secret that Thailand is one of the most popular travel destinations for Malaysians, with tourists from our country...

Collage 32 Collage 32
News1 day ago

M’sian Gets Lost in Oil Palm Plantation for 6 Hours as He had No GPS, Found in Weak & Trembling State

We usually depend a lot on map apps to find our way around. Whether we’re trying to find the fastest...

Collage 8 Collage 8
News1 day ago

Study: Maybank Ranks in 3rd Place as the Biggest Company in Each Southeast Asian Country

Maybank Group, also known as Malayan Banking Berhad, is Malaysia’s top dog in financial services and banking. Offering everything from...

Collage 21 1 Collage 21 1
News1 day ago

“RM10K to live comfortably” – Cuepacs Hopes Prices of Goods Won’t Rise Following Civil Servants’ Salary Increments

It was a good week for civil servants, and it will be a good month for them when their increments,...

Collage 20 Collage 20
News1 day ago

“Robbed, acid-splashed, hammered” – 3 M’sian Footballers from Different FCs Assaulted on Different Nights

It’s terrifying to realise that people we don’t even know might harbor ill intentions toward us. In 1 week, 3...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY