We often think nothing of storing our food and fruits in the fridge to be eaten at a later period but do be careful about how you store these foodstuffs because it can cause you to get really sick.
This 70-year-old man in Xiangxiang city, Hunan, China ate some watermelon that he had placed overnight in the fridge which caused him to undergo surgery to remove parts of his small intestine. According to Apple Daily, the man, known as Zhang, said that he had eaten the watermelon in the fridge on the evening of July 25.
Two hours after he finished eating the watermelon, he started to experience excruciating stomach pain and the next morning, he couldn’t bear it anymore and went to the hospital. Zhang was referred to Changsha General Hospital for further treatment.
After examining the man, doctors suspected that his intestines had an obstruction or had already necrotised. To determine this, they performed a laparotomy on him to diagnose his condition and discovered that he had developed necrotising enterocolitis which is a medical condition where part of the bowel dies. WTF?!
They had to perform an operation on Zhang and found that about 70 cm of his small intestine was congested and had necrotised. They did a surgical resection to remove the damaged parts and thankfully, Zhang is now recovering from the operation.
Apparently, the doctor said that many people think that placing food in the fridge will prevent it from getting spoiled but that is not true.
The method of storing it is important as well to prevent bacteria from growing. Zhang had stored his watermelon by using some cling film to wrap it but this was not enough to keep it safe and it might have gotten contaminated before that.
Be careful, peeps and remember to store your food properly!
JUST IN: Swimming Pools Are Now Allowed To Be Open For Water Sports Training
Minister of Defence, Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri bin Yaakob has just announced in a live broadcast that swimming pools will...
JUST IN: Resorts World Genting Confirms That They Will Be Reopening Starting 19th June!
Guys, this is not a drill. Genting Highlands will officially be reopening by this weekend to the public after an extended closure due...
JUST IN: Setapak Barber Confirmed Positive For Covid-19, 40 Close Contact Cases Identified
In an update from the case of a barber in Setapak allegedly testing positive for Covid-19, our Health Director-General Dr...
JUST IN: Barber in Setapak Suspected To Be Positive For Covid-19 Only After 2 Days of Opening Barbershop
UPDATE: Health Director-General Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah has come forward to mention that the barber’s diagnosis has not been officially...
BREAKING: SPM & STPM Students Will Return To School By 24th June
In his latest live telecast to the Malaysian public, Education Minister Dr. Mohd Radzi bin Md Jidin has announced that...
Tired Of Comparing Prices On Different Websites? This ONE App Helps You Do That, Gives You Cashback & MORE
Nowadays, more and more Malaysians would prefer to do their shopping online rather than in physical stores. This is because...
Stronger, Faster & Smarter: Here’s Why M’sians Can’t Wait to Get the HUAWEI P40 Pro+ Dropping This Friday!
In case you didn’t know, we’re just a couple of days away from the launch of the HUAWEI P40 Pro+...
The New Normal Reveals 6 Things M’sians Do That Unknowingly Help Spread Germs & Bacteria Faster
Life has been a lot more different since the Movement Control Order (MCO) was implemented on 18 March 2020, almost...
- Social Stories17 hours ago
Malaysia’s First Ever Drive-In Cinema Will Be Opening Soon!
- Social Stories13 hours ago
Lee Chong Wei Writes Heartfelt Post After Lin Dan Announces Retirement
- People19 hours ago
21-Year-Old Malaysian Makes Over RM100,000 By Selling Used Furniture!
- Social Stories14 hours ago
Man Suffers Through 4 HOUR Erection Because Of Covid-19