Everyone knows the Gold Coast; it’s one of Australia’s most popular holiday destinations, after all! But, not many Malaysians know that there are many exciting new things and events that are sweeping across the Gold Coast even as we speak. Really, one!
Besides the usual beaches and theme parks, the Gold Coast is filled with tons of fun and exciting things to do that will guarantee an amazing trip.
Here are some of the activities you need to check out at Gold Coast, Australia before 2018 ends:
1. Visit their awesome night markets!
- NightQuarter, a weekly festival that’s sure to entertain
This mini city made up of shipping containers offers a unique blend of food, drinks, culture and community. Definitely a festival anyone can enjoy!
What to expect:
- It’s Gold Coast’s top live music venue which brings together local artistes and some of the country’s top touring acts to a barn-style stage.
- With six bars and different foodie precincts, get ready to be spoilt for choice.
- There’s the Tapas Street (decorated to look like Mediterranean back alleys), the Backyard (where you can enjoy some Ozzy BBQ), as well as tons of other precincts! There’s plenty of desserts too!
Location: 1 Town Centre Drive, Helensvale
Opening hours: Fridays, 4-10pm | Saturday, 12-10pm
- Miami Marketta, a night market that brings the world to you
Whether you’re craving Thai, Western, or Chinese food, you’ll most probably be able to find it all here.
What to expect:
- A family-oriented outdoor dining experience that serves boutique wine, locally brewed beer, and speciality cocktails.
- Enjoy live music ranging from genres like jazz to local blues as well as music from independent artistes.
- Indulge in the tastes of the world, all in one location.
Location: 23 Hillcrest Parade, Miami, QLD
Opening hours: Wednesdays, 5-9pm | Fridays, 5pm-Late| Saturday, 4pm-Late
2. Go café hopping through Palm Beach and Burleigh
Malaysians love their coffee (and tea) and fancy flat-lay photos of their food to decorate their IG feeds. Well, in Gold Coast, you’ll have tons of opportunities to try out some of the best cafés around!
- Paddock Bakery
Recommendation: Order their Pink Pitaya Bowls for something healthy or Dippy Eggs for homey soft-boiled eggs with buttered sourdough soldiers, bacon chips, organic labda and more!
Location: 20 Hibiscus Haven, Miami, QLD
Opening hours: 6.30am-3pm, daily
- Commune Café
Recommendation: One of the most popular cafes in the Gold Coast with affordable food and coffee. Give their burgers a try, then treat yourself to some healthy, organic acai bowls after.
Location: 1844 Gold Coast Highway, Burleigh Heads
Opening hours: 6am-3.30pm, daily
- Barefoot Barista
Recommendation: Give their brand new, hearty bowl of Boston Beans a try! This rich, pork-based Boston beans dish comes with goat’s cheese and baby kale are sure to make you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.
Location: 15 Palm Beach Avenue
Opening hours: 5am-3pm, daily (closes at 4pm on weekends)
3. DC’s Hypercoaster to get your adrenaline pumping
I know we weren’t supposed to talk about theme parks but to be fair, it’s the DC Rival Hypercoaster we’re talking about!
What’s more, the Hypercoaster just opened to visitors last September 2017! Meaning if you hop on this thrilling ride anytime soon, you’ll probably be one of the first few Malaysians to have ridden it and have full bragging rights!
What to expect:
- It’s the tallest, longest and fastest Hypercoaster in the Southern Hemisphere!
- It has a height of 62m and 1.4km worth of thrills with a G-force of 4.3g
- There’s also an 89-degree drop as you descend from the lair of the iconic Joker head and prepare yourself for one of the world’s first non-inverted loops.
Location: Warner Bros. Movieworld, Pacific Mwy, Oxenford, QLD
Opening hours: 9.30am-5pm, daily
Website: Warner Bros. Movieworld
4. Go camping, glamping, or check-in to a farm stay at Gold Coast Hinterlands
We hardly ever get the chance to camp, glamp or check-in to farm stays here in Malaysia. Well, if you’ve ever wanted to try any of these activities, make sure you experience it in Gold Coast Hinterlands!
What to expect:
- Wake up to wallabies greeting you at your tent in the morning
- Explore the many biking and trekking routes of the Hinterlands while enjoying the fresh air and gorgeous views
- Opt for a 4WD Twilight tour to Jack’s Rocks and get the view of a lifetime from a spectacular vantage point overlooking the Lost World, the McPherson Range, and Cedar Glen
5. Get high (literally) and go hot air ballooning above the majestic Gold Coast Hinterlands
If you’ve never been hot air ballooning before, this is the best place to experience it!
What to expect:
- Get ready to have your hearts racing as you float 3000-5000 feet in the air!
- Expect the view of a lifetime as you float over the rolling hills of the Gold Coast Hinterland (you may even spot sheep and wallabies!).
- If you’re not a huge fan of heights and would prefer to stay on the ground, you can opt to take gorgeous photos on the fields with the brightly coloured hot air balloons in the backdrop, too.
6. Go SkyPoint Climbing at the Q1 Building
If the hot air balloon activity is a bit too much for you, this is another activity you can try! Climb up Gold Coast’s tallest residential building at 270m!
What to expect:
- Get a gorgeous 360 view of Gold Coast, from the clear blue waters to the larger than life city buildings in the surroundings.
- Try the brand new Night Climb which lets you climb during the night and get a view of the bright city lights.
Location: Level 77, Q1 Building, Surfers Paradise Boulevard
Opening hours: 7.30am-7pm, daily (closes at 9pm on Friday & Saturday for the Night Climb)
7. Take part in some of the most “ons” & sought-after events happening in the Gold Coast this 2018
Here are some of the events happening real soon that you die-die won’t want to miss out on!
- The 16th SWELL Sculpture Festival
Do you enjoy viewing larger than life, thought-provoking sculpted works? Well, at this event you’ll be able to check out monumental works set amongst the iconic landscape of Currumbin Beach! That means, over 50 gigantically intriguing, and whimsical sculptures will be placed all over the beach. It’s like a museum by the ocean!
Location: Pacific Parade, Currumbin, QLD.
Dates: 14-23 September 2018
- For drinks galore, visit the Crafted Festival
Get a taste of authentic Ozzy craft beers and ciders with over 150+ local brewers all at one place. Get up close and personal with the brewers and make your taste buds happy by sampling all the drinks. The best gourmet food trucks around will also be there, along with live music all day long. Sounds like a dream come true!
Location: Old Burleigh Road, Broadbeach, QLD
Date: 6 October 2018 only!
There are tons more events happening on the Gold Coast this 2018, so stop dilly-dallying and faster plan your trip there! Don’t miss out!
Are you already itching to book a flight to Gold Coast, Australia and go on an adventure of a lifetime? If you are, here’s something you should know…
AirAsia X flies direct daily to the Gold Coast from just RM499! Their Premium Flatbed, on the other hand, is from RM1,699 only!
What’re you waiting for?! Don’t miss out on this amazing promo and all the amazing events happening on the Gold Coast this 2018! Sale ends 9 September 2018, you know! Faster book now!
Find out more about the adventures you can have in Gold Coast, Australia below:
Looks awesome right?! Well, for more info or to book your flights, click here now!
Tax Exemption For National Education Savings Scheme (SSPN) To Be Extended Until 2022
With Budget 2021 having been past just last week, many of its proposed incentives are currently in motion. And in...
8yo Boy Falls From DUKE Highway After Being Thrown Out Of Vehicle During Accident
An eight-year-old boy suffered serious injuries after he was thrown out of the vehicle he was in and the flyover...
If You Recently Have Been to Uncle Don’s, You Should Get Yourself Tested
Patrons of Uncle Don’s outlets are being requested to get tested for the Covid-19 virus following the Ministry of Health’s...
Marriages Decrease & Divorces Increase In 2019 As M’sian Youths Work Towards Economic Stability
From the year we’ve all had, is it even a surprise that no one wants to get married? Based on...
Defense Minister: CMCO Update To Be Announced This Week
When CMCO was first announced to be extended until 6 December, a collective sigh was heard throughout Malaysia. Clearly, nobody...
News21 hours ago
Family Fears 21yo Son Had Died After Knocking on Door For Over An Hour, Turns Out He Was Just ‘Dead Asleep’
Social Stories22 hours ago
“I lost 4kgs” Viral FoodPanda Rider Shares Why She Chose To Deliver Food By Cycling
News22 hours ago
“People with symptoms were also at gatherings” New Clusters In M’sia Due To Family Events
News19 hours ago
30% Of M’sians Will Not Be Given Covid-19 Vaccine As Herd Immunity Will Protect Them, Says Deputy Minister