fbpx
Connect with us

News

69yo Man Found a Toothpick in His Stomach After He Fell Asleep With it In His Mouth

Published

69Yo Man Had A Toothpick In His Stomach That Pierced Through His P - World Of Buzz
Source: iStock & Oriental Daily

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

A 69-year-old man from Hunan Province, China found out that his abdomen pain was caused by a toothpick in his stomach that had poked two holes in his stomach wall.

According to Oriental Daily, the man began feeling some pain in his upper abdomen in April this year, but he dismissed it and thought that it was just a stomach flu and took some medicine for it.

However, in September, he started feeling the same pain again and went to see the doctor who used a gastroscope to examine what was in his stomach.

To his horror, they found a toothpick inside his stomach that had pierced through his stomach wall and punctured his pancreas.

The man then recalled that he always had a habit of picking his teeth with a toothpick prior to the incident.

He said that one day in April, he fell asleep with a toothpick in his mouth while watching TV. He woke up and found that the toothpick was missing.

Istockphoto 146022752

Source: istock

At that time, he thought that the toothpick had fallen into the gap of the sofa and didn’t think much about it.

Little did he know, the toothpick had been in his stomach for six months!

After his doctor’s appointment, the man went for a surgery where doctors managed to successfully retrieve the toothpick that measured a length of 6cm.

“The toothpick not only poked two holes in the stomach wall, but also punctured the pancreas through the stomach wall, causing infection and abscess around the pancreas,” the doctor said.

He added that if the toothpick had not been removed on time, the hole in his pancreas would have developed into pancreatic infection, necrosis, hemorrhage and danger to the surrounding large blood vessels. The patient could’ve lost his life.

I guess just don’t go to sleep with foreign objects in your mouth! Luckily this man was able to get treated before any irreversible harm was done.

 

Also read: 8yo Gets Stomach Ulcer After Mum Transmits Her Own Bacteria by Blowing on Daughter’s Food

Bacteria


Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

My Post 2021 09 16T173600.630 My Post 2021 09 16T173600.630
News14 hours ago

3,200 Tourists Arrived In Langkawi On 16 Sept, The First Day Of The Tourism Bubble Pilot Project

Today marks the first day that tourists are allowed to travel to Langkawi in the government’s Langkawi Tourism Bubble Pilot...

Zumba Zumba
News15 hours ago

Physical Contact Sports Allowed In Klang Valley For Fully Vaccinated Individuals Starting 17 Sept

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced yesterday (15 September) that physical sports and recreational activities are now allowed...

Internet22 Internet22
News17 hours ago

KKMM Launches New “Affordable” Internet Packages To Aid Teenagers, Students & Families Starting 15 Oct

The Communications and Multimedia Ministry (KKMM) has launched two new Internet Packages yesterday (15 September) in hopes of helping teenagers...

Sarawak Sarawak
News22 hours ago

Fully Vaccinated Individuals Can Enter Sarawak Without 14-Day Quarantine Starting 16 Sept

No Fully vaccinated individuals will be allowed to enter Sarawak without having to undergo the 14-day quarantine as previously implemented....

My Post 2021 09 15T144309.692 My Post 2021 09 15T144309.692
News2 days ago

‘Memalukan’ Chanted Across Parliament After Jelutong MP Kicked Out For Using The Word On Deputy Speaker

It’s no secret that Malaysian parliamentary sessions are just plain chaotic, so much so that parliamentary sittings in other countries...

Ft Discount Ft Discount
News2 days ago

MOHE: First Semester Students In Public Universities Eligible To Receive 20% Discount On Fees

During a virtual press conference yesterday, Minister of Higher Education (MoHE) Datuk Seri Noraini Ahmad announced that all local first semester...

Foulsmellriver Foulsmellriver
News2 days ago

Over 100 Residents In Johor Village Evacuated After Inhaling Fumes From Chemical Spill In River

Two women at Kampung Baru Sri Aman, Seelong in Johor fainted while over 100 residents had to be evacuated due...

Ft Edu Ft Edu
News2 days ago

MOHE: IPT Campuses To Reopen In Stages From 15 Oct For Fully Vaccinated Students & Staff

Former sports and youth minister Syed Saddiq had recently passed on several suggestions to the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE),...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY