Connect with us

Social Stories

2 Construction Workers Detained For Damaging Great Wall of China Just to Create a Shortcut

Published

Ft Wall
Source: China Daily & AFP Photo

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Two construction workers in China have recently been detained after local authorities said that they plowed through a section of the country’s Great Wall with an excavator, which left a gaping hole.

According to the state-owned media outlet China Daily, the pair, a 38-year-old man and a 55-year-old woman, caused “irreversible damage” when they used the construction equipment to widen an existing gap and create a large shortcut to drive the excavator through it.

Wall

Meanwhile, it was stated that the security bureau said it was first notified of the hole in a wall section near the township of Yangqianhe, about 215 miles west of Beijing, on the afternoon of August 24.

Law enforcement officers rushed to the scene to find that a piece of the wall, believed to have been constructed during the Ming dynasty between the 14th and 17th centuries, had been severely “excavated and damaged by large-scale machinery.”

328K3Bw Highres

 

The pair have since been taken in for investigation and have been charged with destroying a cultural relic.

 

What do you think of this? Let us know in the comments.

 

Also read: 10yo Girl in China Turns Herself In at Police Station After Stealing RM512 from Parents to Buy Snacks

Feat Image Daughter Steal Money

Source: China Daily
Source: AFP Photo

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Dd Ft 3 Dd Ft 3
News21 hours ago

MARA Chairman Slams Netizens for Belittling Cadet Pilot Programme Prioritising Tahfiz Students

Recently, Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) announced its decision to offer Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Tahfiz students the opportunity...

Collage 17 Collage 17
News5 days ago

“Sg Buloh Prison is overcrowded” – Lawyer Urges Court to Release Trio Who Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery on Bail

Three men accused of assaulting a long-haired man at a bak kut teh shop in Kepong were charged in the...

Collage 2 2 Collage 2 2
News5 days ago

“Shoot them if they evade arrest” – Kedah MB Urges Extreme Measures Against Langkawi Drug Syndicate

Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor has urged police to take firm, and even “extreme”, measures to...

Collage 15 Collage 15
News6 days ago

Jho Low Seeks Presidential Pardon from Donald Trump to Drop His 1MDB Criminal Charges in the US

Fugitive Malaysian businessman Low Taek Jho, better known as Jho Low, has reportedly applied for a presidential pardon from former...

Collage 14 Collage 14
News7 days ago

19yo M’sian Student Charged with Murder of Woman Found with 61 Stab Wounds, Faces Death Penalty

A college student has been charged at the Kota Bharu Magistrate’s Court today with the murder of 19-year-old Nurfisya Zulkifly...

Collage 13 Collage 13
News7 days ago

PDRM: Several Individuals, Believed to be Drunk, Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery for ‘Glaring’ at Them

A man was assaulted by a group of individuals after reportedly looking in their direction while dining at a restaurant...

Collage 11 Collage 11
News2 weeks ago

PDRM: 11yo Student Who Fell from Melaka School Was Retrieving Peer’s Shoe He Had Thrown on Awning

Police have confirmed that an incident involving a Standard 5 male student, who was injured after falling from a garage...

Collage 9 Collage 9
News2 weeks ago

11yo Falls From Melaka School Building While Retrieving Shoe Allegedly Thrown Onto Awning by a Peer

A Standard Five male student from a primary school in Batu Berendam, Melaka, was injured after falling from the first-floor...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY