Have you ever heard of the phrase “First World Problems”? It means that you are complaining about some minor frustrations in your very fortunate life. As urban Malaysians, we don’t know how blessed we are, compared to our other less fortunate counterparts. Malaysia boleh, yo!
Here are some common first world problems that as Malaysians, we’re sure you have experienced before!
1. Traffic jams all day, errrday
The majority of urban Malaysians own a car but one of their worst nightmares is the horror of getting stuck in rush hour traffic. It gets so bad that what should normally be a 15 minute drive takes one hour! Why can’t traffic be smooth everyday?!
2. When the jam you were in was caused by an accident… on the other side of the road!
3. Thinking you’ve found an empty parking spot, then you find a Kancil parked there instead
Once we’ve escaped the hell that is Malaysian traffic, we face another nightmare: PARKING LOTS.
Don’t tell me you haven’t experienced this before!
And when you finally find one after what seems like centuries, you start thanking the higher powers for blessing you with a parking space.
4. “Parking uncles” asking you to pay up
Picture this. As soon as you breathe a sigh of relief from finding a parking spot, you get out of your car only to be confronted by the good ol’ “parking uncle”, who charges you ridiculous amounts of money for parking in a pretty badly maintained parking lot.
Okay fine, just take the money and leave us alone, lah! Sigh. If not later scared they calar your car pula!
5. Hearing “Nak makan mana?”
The hardest question you can ask any Malaysian would definitely be, “Nak makan mana?” Especially when you have a big group of friends and everyone has their own opinions about what and where to eat.
That’s because we are spoiled for choice with our endless options for delicious, affordable food. Should we go to a mamak, cafe or kopitiam?
6. When you order a “kurang manis” drink but it’s still sickeningly sweet
Why do I even try?
7. When the Malaysian weather outside is too hot, but air-conditioning indoors is too cold
8. When there’s a sale in the middle of the month but your pay hasn’t come in yet
Every Malaysian loves a good sale!
But when some of those amazing sales happen in the middle of the month, you can’t afford to shop because you haven’t gotten your salary yet!
9. When economy rice is no longer economical
Tell me how a plate of rice and 2 veges = RM8??? *dies*
10. When you sign up for an unlimited data plan but it has poor network coverage
You’re enjoying a fun day cafe-hopping with your friends, but the WiFi sucks. Good thing you have an unlimited data plan so you can upload all your pics on social media!
Just as you have finish painstakingly editing your photo and want to upload it, your phone shows the dreaded “No service” bar. Oh no! How am I going to show my #ootd and #foodporn?
11. Videos that take too long to buffer in this day and age
We all know that frustrating feeling when you’re trying to see videos, but it takes forever to load, and you realise your phone’s data plan isn’t fast enough for videos despite abusing that poor refresh button.
Luckily, there’s a solution! Celcom has some exciting data plans for mobile users. There are three FIRST™ plans to choose from, namely Gold, Gold Plus or Platinum.
The plans have more than enough internet for all your streaming, surfing, and downloading needs with amazing coverage all over Malaysia!
- FIRST™ Gold Plus, offers a total of 40GB internet (20GB Weekday Internet + 20GB Weekend Internet) for just RM98.
- You can also choose to combine your Internet to use anytime you want with AnydayGB™ for RM10.
- If you switch to Celcom between now till 30 June, that additional RM10 will be waived for the next 12 months! Amazing or what?
Some other awesome benefits that Celcom is providing to users are FREE voice calls to all networks, FREE unlimited WhatsApp, and WeChat usage!
You even get FREE unlimited music streaming with Yonder Music for those who love their tunes! How cool is that?!
Did you know, that Celcom has also been rated 4 out 5 Stars by YouTube for video streaming? What that means is that you can stream HD videos WITHOUT any buffer in key locations around Malaysia.
So what are you waiting for? Solve some of your first world problems by signing up for Celcom’s FIRST™ plans here!