Connect with us

Social Stories

“Why can’t we help?” – Syed Saddiq Calls Out To The Double Standards In SOPs To Help Flood Victims

Published

Collage 15 1
Source: Facebook | Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman & Twitter | Syed Saddiq

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Obstacles and challenges seem to keep coming towards Syed Saddiq.

Recently, the co-founder and his team, MUDA have been called out for not adhering to the protocols to help the flood victims as volunteers. While the flood condition has improved vastly, helps are still needed and without further ado, he immediately did as instructed and applied from the Johor state government to help the flood victims in Muar.

As revealed on his Twitter post yesterday (13 January), his application made on 12 January was rejected.

“As the MP of Muar, my application to help the people in Muar was rejected! They said I have to provide the names of the receivers first.”

271568998 488140692679134 2046082740083004665 N

He stated that the assistance will be delayed if that’s the case and rhetorically questioned when will the flood victims get the help they need.

In the same night, he called out to the double standards via a live video on his Facebook account. He said that as the MP of Muar, he has been mandated by the rakyat in Muar to assist the flood victims given that the district is one of the worst affected by the flood. That is also the reason why he wanted to deliver the assistance directly towards the victim, instead of just handing it out to any agencies.

Screenshot 2022 01 14 100737

The application, which had been rejected, was made in order for him and his volunteers to clean the houses of the flood victims as well as to send the necessary household items.

“We just want to help the people, we don’t even go in the house and tell them how bad the state government is and play politics,” he emphasized.

271802939 487774059382464 2352914920717411157 N

He is also baffled that as the MP of Muar, he was not able to help in the district and claimed that the state government is too afraid to allow him to carry out his duties and responsibilities. He then continued by highlighting how the SOPs does not apply to everyone.

“The most disgusting thing is the double standard in the SOPs! There have been pictures of politicians from other parties circulating and revealing how they can easily enter the houses of the victims with the uniforms of their political parties.”

He expressed that this is unfair as every time MUDA does the same, it would be rejected and questioned. The co-founder of MUDA then sought to clarify why is he not allowed to help the people. You can watch the 10-minutes live video below.

Kenapa takut sangat nak benarkan kami nak bantu rakyat??Saya MP Muar. Muar sekarang ni banjir. Saya nak jumpa dan bantu terus keluarga mangsa banjir, TAK BOLEH. TAK DIBENARKAN. Kena minta kebenaran dulu. Saya dah minta kebenaran, TAK DILULUSKAN!!Bila mohon kebenaran, KENA TOLAK PULA!!!Nak saya buat apa lagi??Nak bantu mangsa banjir pun, ADA DOUBLE STANDARD??Tolong SHARE kepada semua. Saya dan MUDA hanya mahu BANTU MANGSA BANJIR.

Posted by Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman on Thursday, January 13, 2022

We hope that all volunteers, regardless of who they are and where they are from, will be able to assist the rakyat in need.

 

Also read: Politician Says Syed Saddiq Deserves an Oscar For His 1st Class Act By Being Dramatic During Flood

Collage 7 2

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Collage 50 Collage 50
News10 hours ago

28yo Drunk Porsche Driver Pleads Not Guilty to Causing Couple’s Death in Pahang, Released on RM10k Bail

A 28-year-old Porsche Cayenne driver pleaded not guilty in court yesterday (16 February) to a charge of driving under the...

Dd Ft 5 Dd Ft 5
News1 day ago

“You are on my radar” – Yang di-Pertuan Agong Warns Corrupt Officers in MACC & Other Govt Agencies

His Majesty the Yang di-Pertuan Agong Sultan Ibrahim has warned that more individuals are now on His Majesty’s “radar” in...

Dd Ft Dd Ft
News1 day ago

PDRM: Up to 7 Years’ Jail, RM10k Fine for Fireworks Other Than ‘Happy Boom’ & ‘Pop-Pop’ This CNY

The Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) has reminded the public that possessing, selling, buying or setting off firecrackers and fireworks for...

Anwarft 1 Anwarft 1
News2 days ago

“We can go even further!” – PMX Claims Malaysia Has ‘Extraordinary Potential’ if Governance Stays Clean

Malaysia has extraordinary potential to achieve even faster progress if it continues to be governed effectively and with integrity, said...

Feat Image Ringgit Feat Image Ringgit
News2 days ago

Ringgit Has Gained 14% Against USD, So Why Haven’t Prices Gone Down? Finance Minister II Explains

Finance Minister II Datuk Seri Amir Hamzah Azizan has addressed concerns regarding why the prices of goods in Malaysia remain...

Collage 47 Collage 47
News2 days ago

DBKL Raids Multiple Bars on Valentine’s Eve Including in Mont Kiara for Operating Without Licences

Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) uncovered multiple violations at three bars during an enforcement operation. DBKL conducted the operation on...

Feat Image New Source Feat Image New Source
News2 days ago

Malaysia’s New Renewable Power Source: Penang is Turning Pig Waste Into Electricity for Homes Nationwide

Penang Chief Minister Chow Kon Yeow recently officiated the launch of a centralised biogas facility in Kampung Valdor, South Seberang...

Collage 45 Collage 45
News2 days ago

Popular Shah Alam Massage Outlet Ordered to Close for Operating Without a Licence, Illegal Workers Detained

A popular Thai massage outlet in Setia Alam, Shah Alam, was raided on Thursday night (12 February) by officers from...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY