It’s Day 49 of the Movement Control Order and the spirit has definitely changed since the first day of MCO. In the beginning, everyone was eager for the MCO end so that they could return to their normal life. Now? Well, despite the CMCO relaxations no one wants to leave their house. This stems from two reasons, firstly is that our safety still isn’t 100% confirmed outside and also, let’s be honest, we’ve ALL settled into a comfortable routine in quarantine.
Food was vote number 1 on our poll!
To make sure I wasn’t the only one feeling Pre MCO Stress Disorder, we did a quick poll on our Instagram page and asked our readers what do they miss the most from before MCO and your answers did not disappoint!
Out of 1,695 votes, 592 miss food (that’s 35%)! Honestly, that’s just so relatable.
Socialising ranks second at 31.5% and travelling comes after it at 20.4%. The rest of the votes go to ‘other’.
With that, I interviewed a few people just to get a feel of
- “Arguably what I miss most, and I think what all of us miss most, is being able to walk anywhere or meet anyone without any sense of fear or apprehension, without having to worry about the need to maintain a safe distance or wearing a mask just because you stepped out of your door. The small things that make up what ‘normal’ used to be like for not just Malaysians, but people across the world. The premise that nowhere is safe but home is becoming ever-present, and it begs to question if this is the new reality we’re prepared to accept, living life vicariously through the convenience of technology.”- Ben,24
- “I miss going out just for a walk. It doesn’t matter if I was chasing the bus (miss that too) or rushing to work but I miss being out and having the freedom to go anywhere I want. Now, it feels like there are eyes on me when I go out to buy groceries or just to throw rubbish. I just want to walk somewhere that is not within my premises. I also just miss going to my favourite skate parks and soaking in the ambience there.” – Wan,24
- “Travelling, definitely. A lot of us put off our travel plans because of work and want to choose the ‘best’ time to do so. Now with Covid-19, we aren’t able to enjoy travelling to its fullest till 2021 as people still have to practise safe distancing. We can’t even cross states now to visit other states! So I definitely learnt that if you feel like doing something, go with the moment before it’s too late – because things might just change 180 degrees in an instant.”- Tan,28
Some even mentioned how going into quarantine, they realized what they weren’t doing right during quarantine and MCO really changed their perspective.
JUST IN: Swimming Pools Are Now Allowed To Be Open For Water Sports Training
Minister of Defence, Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri bin Yaakob has just announced in a live broadcast that swimming pools will...
JUST IN: Resorts World Genting Confirms That They Will Be Reopening Starting 19th June!
Guys, this is not a drill. Genting Highlands will officially be reopening by this weekend to the public after an extended closure due...
JUST IN: Setapak Barber Confirmed Positive For Covid-19, 40 Close Contact Cases Identified
In an update from the case of a barber in Setapak allegedly testing positive for Covid-19, our Health Director-General Dr...
JUST IN: Barber in Setapak Suspected To Be Positive For Covid-19 Only After 2 Days of Opening Barbershop
UPDATE: Health Director-General Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah has come forward to mention that the barber’s diagnosis has not been officially...
BREAKING: SPM & STPM Students Will Return To School By 24th June
In his latest live telecast to the Malaysian public, Education Minister Dr. Mohd Radzi bin Md Jidin has announced that...
Tired Of Comparing Prices On Different Websites? This ONE App Helps You Do That, Gives You Cashback & MORE
Nowadays, more and more Malaysians would prefer to do their shopping online rather than in physical stores. This is because...
Stronger, Faster & Smarter: Here’s Why M’sians Can’t Wait to Get the HUAWEI P40 Pro+ Dropping This Friday!
In case you didn’t know, we’re just a couple of days away from the launch of the HUAWEI P40 Pro+...
The New Normal Reveals 6 Things M’sians Do That Unknowingly Help Spread Germs & Bacteria Faster
Life has been a lot more different since the Movement Control Order (MCO) was implemented on 18 March 2020, almost...
- News20 hours ago
Photo of Human-Sized Bats Go Viral and Yes, They Actually Exist
- Current Affairs23 hours ago
World Famous Cirque Du Soleil Circus Act Officially Declares Bankrupty, Leaves 3,500 People Jobless
- Current Affairs24 hours ago
Kanye West Announces He Will Be Running For President of America Over Twitter
- News16 hours ago
Beware: Some Sellers Are Pricing Durians Based On the Car You Drive